JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For the longest time I have kept my HD pistol in a drawer by my bed. This worked well enough. When I had kids a few years later, I added a kid lock that uses a magnet to unlock the drawer. (No it won't keep a criminal out, but it will keep a 5 year old out.)

I finally added a custom cut foam pad that keeps the various items from sliding around. I bought the foam online and made a jig setup that uses electricity to heat a wire that cuts the foam.

IMG_7038s.jpg IMG_7039s.jpg

Mine works on the same concept, but I wanted it to have capacity to do deeper cuts and I wanted to control the angle of the cut. I looked at some of the hand held versions, but I didn't think I could ensure the cut angle was constant.

here is a pic of my setup:
IMG00175.jpg

Also, I used a dimmer switch to control the heat of the element to make sure I could cut easily, but not burn it.

IMG00175.jpg

was it hard to make?

The cutter took some time to build. Also, I made a pencil jig that allows you to trace patterns of irregular shaped objects.

Using the cutter to trace out the cut out pattern was relatively simple. This is the first thing I attempted and I am pretty happy with how it came out.

If anyone is interested, I could post more pictures of the cutter and jig for you to make your own.

It doesn't show very well, but the gun isn't completely flush of the foam pad. It picks out of there pretty easy, although adding finger holes would be pretty easy...

Pretty slick, and a nice little setup.

Not to be rude, but I do have to question the cuffs though. I mean, I don't think I would want to go hands on with a person in my house.

Pretty slick, and a nice little setup.

Not to be rude, but I do have to question the cuffs though. I mean, I don't think I would want to go hands on with a person in my house.

Those aren't for bad guys... those are what we call marital aids, he built a matching set for the other drawers for the ball gag and riding crop. :s0112:

Lol but hey I keep cuffs for intruders. I'm not going to kill someone unless my life is threatened. Anyway there's a thread for that. Very nice and clean job! I'm inspired now. Where did u get the foam?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top