JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just joined, told this is a great site, I'll be lookin around. I'm retired with 11 grandkids.
Hunters safety course in the 8th grade in class. Gunsmith class in high school, where I sportsmanized my dads WWII gun. Did a tour of Southeast Asia on the government plan. Spent another 27 years in the National Guard. Ex wife hated guns. Note ex. But she got 1/2 my retirement.

Thanks. Unfortunately I haven't shot for several months. I have an unfired Taurus 709. Far cry from just stepping out the back door as I did growing up, and later in life. As a kid I had a 3030 lever action, and a 16 gage shotgun with adjustable choke. When I had left the guns at dads when I went off to the Army, came back they were no where to be found. In 89 my mother passed, dad put my sister and family in the home and he took off touring the country. They trashed the place. Hauling in junk cars and sorting them out. 2008 dad had a stroke, and came home, they put him in his bedroom. The county put an environmental lien on the property, my sister claimed the old guy made the mess and they're here to clean it up so the state backed off. Dad passed shortly afterwards at 92. They boarded up his room and didn't go in there for months. When they did, the roof had leaked and the ceiling fell onto the bed with a couple rusty metal tubes wrapped in deteriorating plastic. There were my guns, rotted wood and rusty metal. Apparently dad had hidden them in the attic in 1969 to keep someone from stealing them.
well after my divorce in 04, I had a restraining order on me for 3 years something that was totally unnecessary. I moved to Oregon and it was dropped. So I bought a shotgun and did some duck hunting. Met a new woman and we hit it off. Her parents were still alive in Scappoose on 10 acres, every time we went out there we would shoot. Her dad called her Annie Oakley. When her dad passed she got his 22 single 6. She had some health issues so we moved off the coast cans settled in Vancouver. It's challenging to find anywhere to shoot now. I'm more into just re familiarity of which end to point down range. I like walks in the woods Just for the peace more than for hunting. The world is getting crazy though. Last week I had the garage door open doing some organizing, went in the house to use the bathroom, cane right back out and the hair on the back of my neck went up. Couldn't figure out why. Well this week I was going to cut some wood pieces up to take to dump and 3 saws are missing.
well I got a little off track there but I hope some of this made sense.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum. Thanks for standing up to the line and raising your hand to protect this great nation of ours.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads