JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
whats up, im new on this site, but not knew to guns, serving in the army at FT LEWIS, got a sig p229 .40, kinda want to know some good and cheap ideas for a bolt action rifle and some pros and cons for them.

thanks

Hi John,

First off, thank you for your service....

Secondly, welcome to Northwest Firearms.

Finally, regarding a bolt action rifle, what would you be using it for? target shooting, hunting, etc?

Semper Fi.

im not going to say im an avid hunter but its something me and a few guys i serve with would be interested in going to do more, so to fully answer your question i would have to say for hunting

Most of the rifles made by Savage, Ruger, Remington etc. are all great firearms...It all comes down on what you want to spend. I have had the chance to shoot both the Savage Axis and well as the Ruger American and they shoot great and are very reasonable. You could also look at used rifles on the forums "for sale" board. Savage 10 series, Remington 700 series, Weatherby, etc. those are all proven platforms for hunting as well as versatile weapons for target shooting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top