Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NEW HERE

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jnblack91, Nov 10, 2013.

1. jnblack91

jnblack91 Ft Lewis New Member

whats up, im new on this site, but not knew to guns, serving in the army at FT LEWIS, got a sig p229 .40, kinda want to know some good and cheap ideas for a bolt action rifle and some pros and cons for them.

thanks

2. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Hi John,

First off, thank you for your service....

Secondly, welcome to Northwest Firearms.

Finally, regarding a bolt action rifle, what would you be using it for? target shooting, hunting, etc?

Semper Fi.

3. jnblack91

im not going to say im an avid hunter but its something me and a few guys i serve with would be interested in going to do more, so to fully answer your question i would have to say for hunting

4. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Most of the rifles made by Savage, Ruger, Remington etc. are all great firearms...It all comes down on what you want to spend. I have had the chance to shoot both the Savage Axis and well as the Ruger American and they shoot great and are very reasonable. You could also look at used rifles on the forums "for sale" board. Savage 10 series, Remington 700 series, Weatherby, etc. those are all proven platforms for hunting as well as versatile weapons for target shooting.

5. jnblack91

yea my buddy has a R700 and he loves is, i was hopping for more opinions then just his on the matter, thanks bud

6. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard:thumbup:

7. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Good day and welcome! Thank you for your service too!

8. stavros4570

stavros4570 eugene,or. Member

Thanks for your service, it means more than you know. Welcome, am new here also, but have enjoyed the experience so far.

9. 3584ELK

3584ELK Algona Member

Welcome aboard, keep an eye on the classifieds and you will bump into something sooner or later.