JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone,

just joined today, in hopes of selling some stuff. Can someone Enlighten me on the laws here in Oregon regarding privet party rifle sales. More specifically background checks.
my apologies I'm sure this question has been answered many times.

In accordance with state law, all firearms sales, even between private parties, must be performed through a dealer. Parts, ammo and accessories are not regulated so they don't require a dealer, but there are laws against prohibited persons (felons, etc.) possessing body armor or ammunition.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

A) Take clear photos of your best items
B) Decide to sell them at 50% of market value
C) PM me before publishing the listing for advance shopping.

:cool:

Seriously though, welcome to the site.

Usually items sell for less here on NWFA than when auctioned on GB. The benefit here however is that you can often sell it locally to a known site member and other members will message you will helpful tips about your items.

Hi everyone,

just joined today, in hopes of selling some stuff. Can someone Enlighten me on the laws here in Oregon regarding privet party rifle sales. More specifically background checks.
my apologies I'm sure this question has been answered many times.

Welcome to the forum! Good to have you here. Regarding some of that legal stuf....If I'm not mistaken. long guns can be sold to individuals 18 years or older. Here in Oregon anyone under the age of 21 cannot purchase a handgun. Generally speaking, there's often a wait time involved in getting background checks approved here in Oregon, particularly if the buyer does not have a Concealed Handlers Permit (CHL).
Stay safe up there, and enjoy the forum. It's definitely a good place to be

Welcome.

As mentioned, firearms have to be transferred thru an FFL due to Oregon's BGC laws since 2015

If you want to sell a handgun to a resident of another state, then the handgun must be transferred to that person via an FFL in that person's state of residence. Long guns (rifles, shotguns, etc.) can be transferred via an FFL here in Oregon.

Selling ammo is allowed privately, but if you are manufacturing ammo and selling it, you need the requisite licenses.

If you ship ammo to someone, you must follow the hazardous materials regulations/laws and the requirements of the shipper. You can't just stuff it in a box and take it down to the post office.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top