JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I have scoured this Forum, read the 9.41 RCW, and the failed assault weapon ban bill of 2010...so I want to make sure I get this correct, please.

If I relocate to WA, I:

1) Can legally bring into the state (and possess) my currently-owned Assault Weapons (AK and AR) that have 16" barrels, detachable mags that hold more than 10 rounds, etc?

2) Do not have to register them with the WA DOJ/Atty Generals office as AWs?

3) Can buy more AWs :s0155: as a resident as long as they are not SBR/SBS configured?

4) Can purchase and use pistol/rifle suppressors as long as I do the NFA tax stamp(s)?

Thanks for the responses.

Yes.

And we have state pre-emption for gun laws as well, so no city can randomly ban carry, unlike some other places.

We're only missing SBR's and Full auto to make this a truly free state. -Though with the 1986 ban on new auto weapons federally, full-auto is only for rich people.

We do not have "Assault Weapons" here. We have Modern Sporting Rifles since they are semi auto, not select fire or fully automatic weapons.

This and the other responses are the reasons why I am looking forward to getting out of CA. Thanks.

Yes to everything but please stop calling them "assault weapons". That is a term that was made up by the media (they couldn't use "assault rifles" because that already has a legit definition and the guns they wanted to ban didn't meet it, specifically the select-fire aspect) to make them sound evil or nefarious.
Move and embrace your freedom.

Yes to everything but please stop calling them "assault weapons". That is a term that was made up by the media (they couldn't use "assault rifles" because that already has a legit definition and the guns they wanted to ban didn't meet it, specifically the select-fire aspect) to make them sound evil or nefarious.
Move and embrace your freedom.

None of my firearms have assaulted anyone while I have owned them. Maybe they should have a registration for weapons that have been used to assault people ;)

You will be welcome here, coming from CA it was like moving to another country. Lots of expatriate californians here, and just loving it.

There will have to be some mental adjustments:

Everything is so freaking green! The rivers run all the time, and Mt. Ranier always has snow.

Careful, with more choices in fire arms and no magazine ban your budget for guns and ammo may take a huge hit.

You will have to get used to the horrible heat up here, I think 6 days this year have been over 70 degrees.

You will not miss the constant talk of "water shortages"

Getting a CPL is a must have for being taken seriously as a gun "nut". Don't worry they issue them at the border checkpoint. (just kidding, but dang close)

Luckily enough you did not move to Oregon, all they have are unsavory characters like those that show up in chatbox (they know who they are), not to mention hairy hippie chicks and sasquatch.

And wait until you see the fireworks that you can buy at any stand. My first 4th after my CA transplant, as I was buying my fireworks I kept expecting LEO to bust me in somekind of sting op.

to OP, welcome...

it's so sad how many restrictions california has on things and no statistics to show that they are better off than the 2 states above them...

posts like these, just serve to remind us how important it is to keep our legislators from following the california way...

seattle is trying to go that route...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads