JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanted to introduce myself, I am new to Vancouver Wa, from Southern California. I am a long time Calgunner (same screen names) and wasn't sure what the big forum up here was, until someone recommended Northwest firearms.

I just shot my first tactical rifle course at Tri County gun club in Oregon. I had a horrible score, but had an awesome time and can't wait to do more rifle and pistol.

Since I have been here, I have done a lot of range days at Safefire in Camas, really nice indoor range. After being at Tri County this weekend I am going to try and join there.

I have been shooting for a lot of years, just not very good at it. All my experience is static, just standing behind a firing line and punching holes in paper.

Haven't done any hunting except some rabbits when I was a kid.

Welcome, and good luck on tri county... I hear they have a pretty long waiting list now, two people I know trying to become members as well. Makes me wish I didn't give up my membership there but, it's a long drive just to hang out with people and shoot longer distance. Plus it's not cheap, and are they ever moving to that dang rock quarry? I swear that plan has been in the works since before my marriage. I'm gonna grow old and die before they move there.

no idea, but so far I haven't found much in Vancouver. Safefire is great for indoor. I haven't shot English pit, but what I saw didn't impress me

Welcome, and good luck on tri county... I hear they have a pretty long waiting list now, two people I know trying to become members as well. Makes me wish I didn't give up my membership there but, it's a long drive just to hang out with people and shoot longer distance. Plus it's not cheap, and are they ever moving to that dang rock quarry? I swear that plan has been in the works since before my marriage. I'm gonna grow old and die before they move there.

already registered - only 2 votes - me and my wife.

Mexican food - uhhg - so sad - found 2 places that I would say are good - One is at a gas station, the other is a bit pricey. Between the lack of Mexican food and lack of Poke, this place is lacking :)

Welcome aboard!

Register to vote and vote NO on I1639.

And then vote again :D

And bring us some decent Mexican food :D

when-i-go-to-any-state-outside-of-california-is-35936311.png

Two words: "Rick Bayliss." I have a friend who's of Mexican heritage, and she says the Bayliss books are bested only by handed-down family recipes which you generally have to "marry in" to get.

thanks... I will wait and then ask for the good place... someone who is not a shooter said they heard Larch mountain, but when I did a search it looked like it was not a good place to go.

Welcome aboard!! There are places to shoot up in the hills but I would wait till after hunting season. ;)

Yep, as someone who is of Mexican heritage, we actually buy his sauces to make our enchiladas. They are easy and taste fantastic. My mom has given me her recipe and by the time we do all the work it just easier to use his sauce and get the same outcome.

Two words: "Rick Bayliss." I have a friend who's of Mexican heritage, and she says the Bayliss books are bested only by handed-down family recipes which you generally have to "marry in" to get.

Welcome @fredridge . Hope you enjoy our little family here. A lot of good people with knowledge to share. Also, I like Larch. Nothing like shooting in the great outdoors. It is difficult to find a spot to shoot with any great distance but a good way to find spots is to hook up with Cogs to do some clean ups this next spring. He also leads an organization called Trash No Lands that does forest clean ups and education. Cheers :s0059:

Oregon got graded down on the best places to live chart for gun guys because of access to ranges. You would think with all the people hungry to sling lead that an entrepeneur would capitalize on this but ... Something tells me legal hurdles restrict new growth in that area.

If there was a guntry club in Oregon I would totally join, even if I probably couldn't bring chicken eggs to shoot at.

Some times people living in the woods wanna be fancy too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top