JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I've been on the board for a few years. Bought and sold, posted my opinions. And today, I just realized I never did a formal introduction email...... Here goes.
Moved to this area in 1993 in my final 2 tours in the navy (Navcomtelsta Puget Sound 93-97 and 97-2001 USS Carl Vinson) retired in Jan 2001 and promptly went to work as a civil servant. Ironically I am retiring from CS Dec 31st. I've always loved firearms/weapons and marksmanship, collecting and hunting as a child. I was stationed in Alaska 1989-1993 (Adak). Alaska is where I got back into shooting and hunting. Came to Bremerton took a brief break to raise the kids, then promptly got back into the game. Now as I get ready to retire again I am looking to sell my home, and move to Arizona to be closer to my Wife's family and also opens up a range of activities for me. Desert shooting, gold & silver mining detecting etc. Ghost towns, Lake fishing.
I do enjoy this site and I'm sure I will keep an eye on what's happening.

CaptJack "Mike"

Don't forget about Joe's other site:

:s0155:

Well I've been on the board for a few years. Bought and sold, posted my opinions. And today, I just realized I never did a formal introduction email...... Here goes.
Moved to this area in 1993 in my final 2 tours in the navy (Navcomtelsta Puget Sound 93-97 and 97-2001 USS Carl Vinson) retired in Jan 2001 and promptly went to work as a civil servant. Ironically I am retiring from CS Dec 31st. I've always loved firearms/weapons and marksmanship, collecting and hunting as a child. I was stationed in Alaska 1989-1993 (Adak). Alaska is where I got back into shooting and hunting. Came to Bremerton took a brief break to raise the kids, then promptly got back into the game. Now as I get ready to retire again I am looking to sell my home, and move to Arizona to be closer to my Wife's family and also opens up a range of activities for me. Desert shooting, gold & silver mining detecting etc. Ghost towns, Lake fishing.
I do enjoy this site and I'm sure I will keep an eye on what's happening.

CaptJack "Mike"
Congratulations on your upcoming transition CJ. Some similarities in our tracks - retired military in 1997 and retired again for good in 2017. Visited Arizona a number of times over the decades and I hope you like it when you get there for good. I love looking out over miles of undeveloped desert land, cacti, snakes, free range cattle, etc. Also mountains and trees that people might not picture when they imagine AZ. If you like rusty old cars and trucks, you should visit the Gold King Mine Ghost Town in Jerome (Sedona Verde Valley). I went on a weekday (so I don't know if I dodged a touristy weekend crowd or not). Spent several hours clicking away with my camera, and I'm definitely going back again when the plague finally eases up.
Home - The Gold King Mine Ghost Town

Thanks for the response and the heads up on that ghost town. That will be high up on my list of things to do. I'm sure I'll take 6 months or so off, then find some type of part time job. I can't see final retirement just yet. But it's nice to have options.

Congratulations on your upcoming transition CJ. Some similarities in our tracks - retired military in 1997 and retired again for good in 2017. Visited Arizona a number of times over the decades and I hope you like it when you get there for good. I love looking out over miles of undeveloped desert land, cacti, snakes, free range cattle, etc. Also mountains and trees that people might not picture when they imagine AZ. If you like rusty old cars and trucks, you should visit the Gold King Mine Ghost Town in Jerome (Sedona Verde Valley). I went on a weekday (so I don't know if I dodged a touristy weekend crowd or not). Spent several hours clicking away with my camera, and I'm definitely going back again when the plague finally eases up.
Home - The Gold King Mine Ghost Town

Thank, spent 89-93 2 year tour and extended twice. At the end of four I knew I loved Alaska, but wanted something a little more climate friendly, this is where Washington state came in. Now 30 years later, I'm ready for a hot climate. I miss being able to get out and do things most of the year instead of 4 months a year. I do however miss Adak and the times I had their as well as the friendships I made that still last till today.

Take care.
Mike

Welcome aboard... :D

I was just talking about Adak yesterday...
:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads