JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I found and joined your Forum because my wife and I may be relocating soon to either WA or OR from California upon my retirement from Law Enforcement. I am a gun rights proponent for all law abiding citizens and want to retire to a state that protects residents' ability to buy/own/carry firearms. NWFA will help me learn more about the gun laws in WA and OR. Thank you. :s0155:

north west firearms is a good site but to get to know the laws for Wa. or Or. go to Handgunlaw.us

forums are good for some things but less so for others as for the laws of the different states opinions will get you into trouble go where you can get the facts. Just my .02 worth

Welcome! Depending on what you like for weather and population densities, Oregon has many different climates and different population centers (or lack there of) I like the warmer summers with less rain in the winters so So. Oregon is my choice. I hope that you find the information you want/need both on NWFA and Handgunlaw.us

Hi all,

I found and joined your Forum because my wife and I may be relocating soon to either WA or OR from California upon my retirement from Law Enforcement. I am a gun rights proponent for all law abiding citizens and want to retire to a state that protects residents' ability to buy/own/carry firearms. NWFA will help me learn more about the gun laws in WA and OR. Thank you. :s0155:

NOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :s0077: :s0012:

Not one more Californian north of Grants Pass! ;) :s0114:

Seriously, welcome refugees. (But you will have to run four liberal Californians back south as part of the exchange program.)

I do a book on Washington gun laws called Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities (15th printing/update now available) and I believe someone does a similar thing for Oregon.

Also, the Handgunlaw.us website is a good resource.

Rains 365 days a year here in Seattle.
Vampires and werewolves fight over teenage girls in the woods and everyone drinks 12 cups of espresso a day while drivng thier hybrid Prius and we all work for Microsoft.
All the stereotypes and movies about Seattle are true.

Truth is traffic may suck during rushour and road contruction will never end but I'm always less than 2 hours away from a glacier, desert, rainforest, ORV park, hotsprings, lake, salmon fishing, crabbing, shooting range or world class steakhouse. Wouldn't change it for the world. Rain and all.

to sum it up... WA has no SBR or Full auto while OR allows them (I think)... silencers are now legal in WA

otherwise both are shall issue states (although portland has some restrictive rules on carry)

WA so far has state pre-emption which limits individual towns/cities from enacting stricter rules.. not sure about OR... '
if you must have full auto/SBR WA is not a good option...

OR CPL cards are laminated plastic like driver's licenses... WA still has a piece of paper you can laminate yourself...

welcome...

weather is pretty much rain, less rain or more rain...

Not a lawyer disclaimer, research for yourself.

With the correct paperwork, Oregon allows SBR, Full Auto, and Suppressors. Oregon is a Shall Issue, not May issue. So unless they find a real reason they will issue one once you have taken the training and filled out the paperwork.

Oregon also has a state pre-emption law which limits what towns/counties/cities can do to restrict firearm ownership. Mainly they can disallow open carry and require you to conceal carry with an Oregon CHL (Concealed Handgun Licence).

Oregon's CHL varies appearance county to county, but many are hard plastic driver's licence like cards.

Wet on the west side of the Cascades, dry on the east side. :)

M

I will correct 2 things. Only the panty wasited girlie men in Seattle are drinking 12 expressos a day. The real natives measure their coffee drinking in U.S. Gallons. And it rains 365 1/2 days.
Either way OR or WA. Please stop at the first delousing station and remove the CA strench from yourself.

Welcome to the forum.

Nothing is as bad as california up here, these pansies complain about traffic. they don't know what traffic is! We only allow ex leo's from CA after we have them checked out.

Nothing is as bad as california up here, these pansies complain about traffic. they don't know what traffic is! We only allow ex leo's from CA after we have them checked out.

I remind my esteemed colleague that "California traffic" is the product of Californians. Now, if enough Californians migrate north, they bring their traffic with them.

As for California LEOs, retired or otherwise, remember the culture shock factor of being surrounded by people packing guns, mostly concealed and some openly. That does take a bit of an adjustment.
;)

Welcome to NWFA and in the future the PNW.

Rains 365 days a year here in Seattle.
Vampires and werewolves fight over teenage girls in the woods and everyone drinks 12 cups of espresso a day while drivng thier hybrid Prius and we all work for Microsof.
All the stereotypes and movies about Seattle are true.

Truth is traffic may suck during rushour and road contruction will never end but I'm always less than 2 hours away from a glacier, desert, rainforest, ORV park, hotsprings, lake, salmon fishing, crabbing, shooting range or world class steakhouse. Wouldn't change it for the world. Rain and all.

Except for those that work for Boeing as my son does. I'd be happy to move to Everett if I could find a comparable job there. It's far enough away from Seattle to be it's own city, yet close enough that I could somewhat easily drive there should I ever want to visit.

Otherwise, I'm happy to live in Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top