JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,
Well I've heard about this place here and there and kind of explored it now that I'm a fresh member. I have to say I was pretty excited to be able to find a place like this! Where I could just go and talk guns (wife doesn't like it when I spend hours at the store) However, it does have me a little worried. Now I live in Sisters, and it's pretty far from anywhere else. Since I decided to join a week or so ago, I've noticed not a lot of product movement happens for people out in the middle of nowhere. I've noticed people get real stingy when they have to drive anywhere. Also, I've noticed some people can be a really bitter betty here. I mean I know it's the internet but what is this Reddit? I dont know how much buying and selling I'll do. Also how does this supporter thing work? If i want to be a supporter do I get like a coupon book or something? Maybe some special treatment? I don't know, some enlightenment there would be awesome.

I'm just bought my first gun a few weeks ago , and I really wanna learn more, I just hope this doesn't turn out as bitter as I fear.

Anyways, it's nice to meet ya'll!

Welcome from East of ya in WIckiup Junction!

WJ.jpg

Welcome from the land of Hereward the Wake.

Where did you hear that we were unfriendly?

No real reason, just me and a few of the boys asking, like you do.... ; )
Well thank you!

I was just reading through some of the forums. Some of them get pretty nasty, like people are trying to convict them of a crime or something. I get that guns have been a sensitive topic the last 10 years. (more sensitive than normal) But wow some people seem like they get personally insulted.

Welcome. We eat our own here. Have thick skin and you will be ok. This forum can be a lot like the politics of left vs right. It's my way or you're wrong. There is also a lot of really good info here. You gotta wade through the $hit to find the gold. It's worth it though. They are some great members with a lot of knowledge here.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Well thank you!

I was just reading through some of the forums. Some of them get pretty nasty, like people are trying to convict them of a crime or something. I get that guns have been a sensitive topic the last 10 years. (more sensitive than normal) But wow some people seem like they get personally insulted.

Uh, right. o_O

You have to go easy on me, since English is not necessarily even my third language, and I'm having problems with the context of your post. The fellas and ladies here will advise you that I can have a novel way with English usage, so basically you are writing that somebody posting here has been trying to convict somebody of a crime?

1. Only a court can convict anybody of a crime, certainly not a website audience. Trial by website has yet to be tabled as an Amendment to the Constitution while I've been awake today.

2. On this forum we have a 'be excellent to each other' policy, which is mostly adhered to strongly by members.

3. If you read something that has the appearance of a personal attack - then alert the Mods. If they are not goofing off on a range somewhere, they'll take action.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top