JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got brands and model numbers? The pump reminds me of my father's ancient Western Field 12 ga. It wasn't fancy, but it got the job done. Great gun. The SxS looks interesting. Really nice lines to it.

Here's the pumps info:

20200918_134021.jpg

I love the p365. I am a huge sig fan. I really can't say enough good about mine. I find the grip just fits my hand perfectly.

The guy at the gun store got me excited about the p365 - except there weren't any in because of the massive purchasing as of late. I'll head to the range this weekend and see if there's a p365 available.

It sure feels good in my hand. Need some range time with it. Need to see if maybe there's a better Glock for me, too. Any suggestions similar to a G19?

I have a G19.3 and a G19.4, and a G43X.... consider the G43X or G48. With Shield Arms magazines and metal mag release upgrades you have G19 capacity in a subcompact package with the G43X and a compact package with the G48.

BTW...
3F2DA33D-D815-44F2-93D2-2E37626CEA0F.gif

Wish I was closer. I would offer to trade a Walther PPK for the Kimber. G19 is wonderful. I carry a Kahr EDC. Light and disappears under clothes and in pockets.

Welcome aboard.

Sorry you had a run-in with a 9" knife. Glad you're OK.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

I have a G19.3 and a G19.4, and a G43X.... consider the G43X or G48. With Shield Arms magazines and metal mag release upgrades you have G19 capacity in a subcompact package with the G43X and a compact package with the G48.

I will add both of those to the list!

Wish I was closer. I would offer to trade a Walther PPK for the Kimber. G19 is wonderful. I carry a Kahr EDC. Light and disappears under clothes and in pockets.

I have a Walther PP .22, my father in law keeps gifting me guns. I'm not complaining at all - he never has to stop.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

That's an excellent idea. I will certainly do that.

Here's wha
I will add both of those to the list!

I have a Walther PP .22, my father in law keeps gifting me guns. I'm not complaining at all - he never has to stop.

That's an excellent idea. I will certainly do that.
Here's what I usually carry. It's small enough to carry IWB at 4 o'clock and never feel it's there. It's also cheap enough that I wouldn't miss it if it were in an evidence locker for 10 years. It's also powerful and accurate enough to get the job done. Ruger LC9s with laser.
lc9s - 1.jpg

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

I realize the conversation has been about Sigs and Glocks, but I suggest you also take a look at the S&W M&P series pistols as well. If for nothing else than to rule them out.
I edc an M&P compact and it's been great for years.

I daily carried a full size 1911 but after some years went to a commander for weight savings. I eventually went to a Browning High Power for more capacity, but getting old and tiring of the weight went to lighter synthetic frame nines.

However that meant trying out a gaggle of different pistols of all flavors including Beretta, CZ, Sig, etc al.
It took a lot of trial and error and the assorted holsters stacked up..

I carried a G19 and liked the size and weight, but I couldn't shoot it worth a darn. I also dislike the tiny takedown tabs because of my arthritis and lack of dexterity.

Eventually and somewhat begrudgingly I tried out the M&P series and hit paydirt. It's been a good pistol and easy to conceal and carry. YMMV.

Here's what I usually carry. It's small enough to carry IWB at 4 o'clock and never feel it's there. It's also cheap enough that I wouldn't miss it if it were in an evidence locker for 10 years. It's also powerful and accurate enough to get the job done. Ruger LC9s with laser.

It looks really tiny - like maybe too small for my hand. I don't have little paws, unfortunately. Big fear of mine is getting one that's too small and I fumble it because of it's size.

Western Field was a store brand (Sears or Montgomery Wards) made by Savage. The Western Field 30 was a 12 gauge pump shotgun also know as a Stevens 520 or Ranger 30. I knew it looked familiar. My dad wouldn't have traded his for anything.

Both of them were my great grandfather in laws, - lived on Choctaw land in Oklahoma around the turn of the century until about the 70s when they made their way to Oregon. Knowing that makes me cherish them - even if they don't have much financial value, I know they were work horses for them.

I realize the conversation has been about Sigs and Glocks, but I suggest you also take a look at the S&W M&P series pistols as well. If for nothing else than to rule them out.
I edc an M&P compact and it's been great for years.

Absolutely still in the picture. Just hadn't brought it up. Trying to get to the range to test some out has been difficult to say the least. We've been busy, busy, busy.

Eventually and somewhat begrudgingly I tried out the M&P series and hit paydirt. It's been a good pistol and easy to conceal and carry. YMMV.

I will most definitely give an M&P out.

It looks really tiny - like maybe too small for my hand. I don't have little paws, unfortunately. Big fear of mine is getting one that's too small and I fumble it because of it's size.

Both of them were my great grandfather in laws, - lived on Choctaw land in Oklahoma around the turn of the century until about the 70s when they made their way to Oregon. Knowing that makes me cherish them - even if they don't have much financial value, I know they were work horses for them.

Absolutely still in the picture. Just hadn't brought it up. Trying to get to the range to test some out has been difficult to say the least. We've been busy, busy, busy.

I will most definitely give an M&P out.

Here's a G48 for sale for $460.... it's a great price.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top