JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just started thinking seriously about getting a conceal carry permit - was almost stabbed a few weeks ago at work. Shake ya up a bit.

I really haven't paid any attention to firearms since my 20s. I'm 48 now and looking for a best fit for me. Glock 19 looks great, Sig P365 looks great, I'll need to look at a few more to figure it out...

I currently own a couple of old (100 year old) shotguns (no real value other than they are cool). I've got a few 22s. And then I've got my 1911 Kimber Tactical Ultra II. It's pretty. But it's not for me. I'll be listing it for sale eventually I'm sure.

Glad to be here!

Jim

Welcome! And just a suggestion from a former newb. If you don't HAVE to sell the Kimber consider just putting it in the safe and ignoring it for awhile. It's such a common story with gun owners, getting rid of gun, and terribly regretting it later. We all have that story I think.

Yikes on almost being stabbed. Glad you are OK.

Thanks! I'm trying really hard not to gain any additional holes. :)

The old scatterguns sound super neat-o

I'll pull them out here in a minute and get a couple of pictures of them.

Welcome! And just a suggestion from a former newb. If you don't HAVE to sell the Kimber consider just putting it in the safe and ignoring it for awhile. It's such a common story with gun owners, getting rid of gun, and terribly regretting it later. We all have that story I think.

My wife said the same thing - but I've owned it for 2 years and have put maybe 50 rounds down range with it. It's just not feeling right.

I sold my .357 revolver about 5 years ago and I'm still wishing I'd kept it. THAT was a fun firearm!

Just started thinking seriously about getting a conceal carry permit - was almost stabbed a few weeks ago at work. Shake ya up a bit.

I really haven't paid any attention to firearms since my 20s. I'm 48 now and looking for a best fit for me. Glock 19 looks great, Sig P365 looks great, I'll need to look at a few more to figure it out...

I currently own a couple of old (100 year old) shotguns (no real value other than they are cool). I've got a few 22s. And then I've got my 1911 Kimber Tactical Ultra II. It's pretty. But it's not for me. I'll be listing it for sale eventually I'm sure.

Glad to be here!

Jim
Welcome to The Board, Jim!

Almost stabbed... at WORK!!!??? :eek: That sounds horrific! Please tell me you work in LE or as a prison guard, and not at some office or hardware store!

By all means, get your CHL as soon as you can, and before the election if at all possible. No matter who wins in November, all hell is gonna break loose either way.
Be prepared this time. Know your CC laws for your state and any special (read: stupid) laws in your locality. WA has a preemption statute, so local laws do not override state laws, but I don't know about OR since I don't live there. Study up!

I'm a SIG guy, so my bias will show when I say "Go for the P365!" since I have a P320, a P365, and a 1911 C3. Love 'em all, but the 320 is near and dear to my heart.
Keep the Kimber, like @Mikej says, you may regret getting rid of it someday. I know I really regret selling one of my first guns... :oops:

Almost stabbed... at WORK!!!??? :eek: That sounds horrific! Please tell me you work in LE or as a prison guard, and not at some office or hardware store!

I work at a bar. I was backing up my bouncer when the guy charged us with a 9" blade. I probably had a solid 4 seconds before he would have reached me. He's lucky, but so am I. I fell while running, the bouncer went a different direction and the guy chased him instead of me. If he had chased me, I'm pretty certain I would have had a 9' blade in my back when I fell. I knew I was dead. I KNEW I was dead. I'm glad nobody got hurt, though.

Study up!

Both my wife and I are reading up on laws and such now. The fires cancelled our class, so we need to reschedule.

I'm a SIG guy, so my bias will show when I say "Go for the P365!" since I have a P320, a P365, and a 1911 C3. Love 'em all, but the 320 is near and dear to my heart.

My first ever handgun was a P229. I loved it. Had it back in my 20s. I was more into rifles back then, though. Had a blast with my AK47, SKS, and what not back then.

I work at a bar. I was backing up my bouncer when the guy charged us with a 9" blade. I probably had a solid 4 seconds before he would have reached me. He's lucky, but so am I. I fell while running, the bouncer went a different direction and the guy chased him instead of me. If he had chased me, I'm pretty certain I would have had a 9' blade in my back when I fell. I knew I was dead. I KNEW I was dead. I'm glad nobody got hurt, though.
I guess I shoulda thought more "out of the box" and included bars/bouncers. That makes sense. Glad that the stabber went the other way!

Both my wife and I are reading up on laws and such now. The fires cancelled our class, so we need to reschedule.
Yeah, some of my friends that are finally becoming "2A-woke" ran into the same thing with the dearth of class availability as a result of the COVID lockdowns.
I've been taking them out to the range on my own and passing on what I've learned.

My first ever handgun was a P229. I loved it. Had it back in my 20s. I was more into rifles back then, though. Had a blast with my AK47, SKS, and what not back then.
I love my Arsenal AK. Shoots straight as hell; never misses what I point it at! :s0155:

Again, welcome to The Board!

Last Edited:
It sure feels good in my hand. Need some range time with it. Need to see if maybe there's a better Glock for me, too. Any suggestions similar to a G19?
Alot of folks like the G48 but I'd say go and see if you can find a range that'll let you rent one then shoot both if possible. The 48 is a bit thinner than the 19.

Glad to be here!

Jim
Welcome!!! I would hang onto the Kimber for a while. If you start going to the range regularly to practice with your carry piece you may find that the Kimber makes your range days a little more fun/interesting. I've never sold a gun and not regretted it later.

That said, I highly recommend a CHL in Oregon. Local jurisdictions have gotten through exceptions to the state re-emption rule, so now we have a mishmash of local regulations about concealed and open carry that are very hard to keep straight. Fortunately, NONE of them apply to CHL holders. Save your sanity and get your CHL ASAP. Consider getting a Utah non-resident permit too if you travel out of state much (there are combined classes given locally). Between it and the Oregon CHL you're good in about 40 states.

That said, when looking for a carry piece try to find one that is small enough that you can forget you have it on your belt, and one that's cheap enough that you don't mind it becoming "evidence" for a few years/eternity.

Aside from that, jump right in, ask questions, and become a part of this great community.

The old scatterguns sound super neat-o. :D
Here they be! Neither one of them are in working order. I suspect if I wanted to spend the money on them they would be fine. I really don't know a lot about either one of them. Both are little and old.

20200918_134049.jpg

Welcome!!! I would hang onto the Kimber for a while. If you start going to the range regularly to practice with your carry piece you may find that the Kimber makes your range days a little more fun/interesting. I've never sold a gun and not regretted it later.

Thank you! I definitely need to put more rounds down range with it. I regret selling every weapon I've ever owned - I don't know why I'd think this would be different. I'll hold on to it. I won't get anywhere near what I paid for it anyways.

That said, I highly recommend a CHL in Oregon. Local jurisdictions have gotten through exceptions to the state re-emption rule, so now we have a mishmash of local regulations about concealed and open carry that are very hard to keep straight. Fortunately, NONE of them apply to CHL holders. Save your sanity and get your CHL ASAP. Consider getting a Utah non-resident permit too if you travel out of state much (there are combined classes given locally). Between it and the Oregon CHL you're good in about 40 states.

Yeah, we were scheduled, but it was cancelled due to wildfire. We're looking to reschedule soon.

That said, when looking for a carry piece try to find one that is small enough that you can forget you have it on your belt, and one that's cheap enough that you don't mind it becoming "evidence" for a few years/eternity.

I hadn't even thought of it like that - if ever it has to be used, it'll be gone forever lost in the legal system. Had a friend lose his several years back to evidence. He was a bit petty and kicked it all the way across the parking lot before turning it in.

Aside from that, jump right in, ask questions, and become a part of this great community.

I'm already sold on this forum! Lots of great people so far.

Here they be! Neither one of them are in working order. I suspect if I wanted to spend the money on them they would be fine. I really don't know a lot about either one of them. Both are little and old.

View attachment 751444
Got brands and model numbers? The pump reminds me of my father's ancient Western Field 12 ga. It wasn't fancy, but it got the job done. Great gun. The SxS looks interesting. Really nice lines to it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top