JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd love to take him shooting, teach him the basics of range safety and the manipulation of the various firearms I own(pistol, revolver, pump, lever, bolt action etc) but he seems to have a supreme fear of being anywhere near said firearms. I have read my state's laws regarding the issue, as well as my state's laws on the use of NFA items.

My question is this; Can I take him out shooting?

First....as an ex PO....No....don't do it. If you feel you must pursue this, contact P&P in Coquille and speak directly with his PO. If he is discovered to have a firearm in his hands he will probably go to jail and you may also have a problem.

You furnish a known PP with a firearm, for ANY reason, and you just committed a serious crime and get yourself into PPland forever. -Aside from other consequences. You also just landed your friend back in prison.

This is very serious stuff and the consequences to both of you are substantial. DON'T do it.

Ouch! Yeah... I have a good friend going through the same felony probation stuff. It sucks big time. Especially if it was past stuff that the person may be way past at this point.

Don't do it. Your buddy gets caught, you won't see him again for 5 years or longer. Ain't worth it.

You must not think much of your friend if you want to take him shooting and subject him to more time in the pen. That's messed up.

My nephew is on felony probation at 23 years old and living with his dad. The judge said that my brother (his dad) did not have to get rid of his guns, but the boy damn well better not handle them.

Petition the courts to have firearm rights restored. Can be done without an attorney.

Assuming all requirements for potential restoration have been met. He is on felony probation......his waiting period(federal requirement is 5 years for a c class felony) hasn't even started, so that's a no go.

Assuming all requirements for potential restoration have been met. He is on felony probation......his waiting period(federal requirement is 5 years for a c class felony) hasn't even started, so that's a no go.

Yes he would have to wait until probation is completed, but it is still an option regardless of Federal law.

Really.......I don't think so buddy. Are you aware of what state this fellow is in? North Bend is a city/town on I-90 in the cascades......in Washington. I can guarantee you there is a 5 year wait in the state of Washington, and you must remain conviction free for the duration of the 5 years, which begins the day you are officially off parole/probation. Oregon residents may be luckier than us to the north with no waiting period after release.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top