JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I guess I'm one of the new guys. My wife and I just bought our first home defense handgun, a Gen 4 Glock 17.

We did a lot of research and it seemed like the right fit for home defense and handling for both of us. I'm really excited about spending some shooting time with her getting used to it. I've shot a lot of different guns and love to go out duck hunting with my 12ga Browning. This is the first handgun I've owned though and I realize that the more info I have the better.

I hope to find a wealth of knowledge here and maybe even throw out a couple of ideas I have. We bought a Barska Biometric safe and I got that set up today. Next up is finding some cheap ammo for target shooting and I'm thinking about the Hornady Critical Defense for at home.

Im sure I can find the answers I need but any info on cleaning, oiling or what to do before the first shoot would be appreciated. If you've read this far thanks a lot, Good communities are hard to come by.

Welcome to the forum. The G17 is a fine gun. Make sure you do get time to get yourselves out to shot regularly, and, if funds and time allow, try to get signed up for a defensive handgun course - it will be very helpful.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top