JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It doesn't have to take the full 10 days. Results could come back sooner.
That being said, the COVID plandemic, hotly followed up by all of the rioting nationwide, could very well place you toward the back of the line.
Looks like your OP was last Thursday, so 4 days ago. Assuming that you posted on the day you filled out your 4473 to start the BGC, I'd give it another coupla days and then call your FFL and see if your BGC has cleared.

Thought I'd throw in a pic of my "father-son" EDC family, to keep you salivating in anticipation of your new bundle of joy...

The P365 is looking amazing to me. Is your a gray color or is it actually black?

I should get my conceal carry permit. Do I just need to fill out a form at the police station to start the process?

Yup, just the basic black nitride finish. It's just the lighting in my kitchen. Rainy here yesterday when I snapped the pic. The P320 is a better representation of the shade...

Yes, you really should! All ya gotta do is go down to your local LE office, be it the city police department or the country sheriff, depending upon whether you live within the city limits or out in the county, and take your ID and about $50-60 or so. It's a 1-page form (front and half the back) that takes about 10 minutes or less to fill out. They will take your money and you will get fingerprinted. After that, you just wait. Mine took 5 days from the printing to receiving my permit in my mailbox. Granted, this was 5 years ago, so your wait time may vary now cuz of the whole sh*tshow going on in this country this spring. I would also take that stupid I-1639 "firearms safety class" card that you had to show at the FFL when you bought your pistol. The LEO might ask you for that as well. It wasn't a thing 5 years ago. Hell, it wasn't even a thing just a year ago... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
The P365 is looking amazing to me. Is your a gray color or is it actually black?

I should get my conceal carry permit. Do I just need to fill out a form at the police station to start the process?

Yup, just the basic black nitride finish. It's just the lighting in my kitchen. Rainy here yesterday when I snapped the pic. The P320 is a better representation of the shade...

Yes, you really should! All ya gotta do is go down to your local LE office, be it the city police department or the country sheriff, depending upon whether you live within the city limits or out in the county, and take your ID and about $50-60 or so. It's a 1-page form (front and half the back) that takes about 10 minutes or less to fill out. They will take your money and you will get fingerprinted. After that, you just wait. Mine took 5 days from the printing to receiving my permit in my mailbox. Granted, this was 5 years ago, so your wait time may vary now cuz of the whole sh*tshow going on in this country this spring. I would also take that stupid I-1639 "firearms safety class" card that you had to show at the FFL when you bought your pistol. The LEO might ask you for that as well. It wasn't a thing 5 years ago. Hell, it wasn't even a thing just a year ago... :rolleyes:

RE the above hi lighted.....
Unless times have changed and you no longer need to take a class on getting to Get the License,
You can spend $10.00 Online and get the Approved Form. No need to pay for taking a class just to get the form. . Oregon Concealed Carry Phillip is local & a Good Guy
Then go to the Sherrif/ PD to get the CONCEALED HAND GUN LICENSE.
[Those words sorta get important when it comes to Legalese and etc....Not a Permit, and GTG ONLY for Handguns, nothing else concealed....]

RE the P365....
If it fits your hand then fer sure try one out.
There were deals fer $500.00 w/ 3 12 rnd mags. Now they are more. Sometimes a voucher fer the extra mags due to High demand.. THAT says something in itself.
Look HERE ...
1591735521258.png

edit:
HERE YA GO; [NO THUMB SAFETY]

An Expired add W/ Thumb Safety:

Last Edited:
RE the above hi lighted.....
Unless times have changed and you no longer need to take a class on getting to Get the License,
You can spend $10.00 Online and get the Approved Form. No need to pay for taking a class just to get the form. . Oregon Concealed Carry Phillip is local & a Good Guy
Then go to the Sherrif/ PD to get the CONCEALED HAND GUN LICENSE.
[Those words sorta get important when it comes to Legalese and etc....Not a Permit, and GTG ONLY for Handguns, nothing else concealed....]
RE the above highlighted...
In Washington, where I got my CPL and where the OP lives, one was never required to take a class to get a CPL. Things might be different in Oregon.
As always, YMMV...

And the class I referenced is now required to be completed prior to purchasing a firearm in Washington, thanks to the idiocy of I-1639.
I merely suggest that the OP take that proof of class to the local LE just in case the LE asks to see proof of taking said class.

Last Edited:
RE the above highlighted...
In Washington, where I got my CPL and where the OP lives, one was never required to take a class to get a CPL. Things might be different in Oregon.
As always, YMMV...

And the class I referenced is now required to be completed prior to purchasing a firearm in Washington, thanks to the idiocy of I-1639.
I merely suggest that the OP take that proof of class to the local LE just in case the LE asks to see proof of taking said class.

SORRY, MY BAD.
I've lived in both states & seem to confuse which DotGuv is more profane.....:(:mad:

Thanks for all the information guys. I'll try to get down there soon.

My firearm buddy told me to get it when then viropolypse started kicking off to avoid the waiting period in WA state and boy do I wish I had done it. I think he saw me running out and buying guns and want to start shooting. I remember telling him I'm not going to conceal anything, and he laid out the new law and everything. Live and learn.

Thanks for all the information guys. I'll try to get down there soon.

My firearm buddy told me to get it when then viropolypse started kicking off to avoid the waiting period in WA state and boy do I wish I had done it. I think he saw me running out and buying guns and want to start shooting. I remember telling him I'm not going to conceal anything, and he laid out the new law and everything. Live and learn.
We certainly need more folks paying attention to the gun laws this state keeps pushing at us.

We certainly need more folks paying attention to the gun laws this state keeps pushing at us.

I agree. I major reason why bought firearms wasn't so much the riots, and what not. I had a 12 gauge I could use for home defense already. It's really to become more active in the shooting community and and be an active voice against the loss of rights. Any rights.

Be glad you aren't in Oregon, under it's Bloomberg/ Soros funded Clowns & their ILLEGAL REVENUE GATHERING SCHEME....

A simple transfer at 3:15 this aftetnoon:
"Well, there are TWENTY-ONE HUNDRED & THIRTY-SEVEN IN FRONT OF YOU....."

Might even be a 2 Day Wait...

OREGON-IS-GONE's "INSTANT" BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM just Along For the RIDE..!!!:s0120::s0120::s0120::s0120:

Finally got the call to pick up the SIG today!

Ordered some practice rounds to get used to reloading and knew I needed a smaller grip frame. Went with the Wilson Arms grip frame and couldn't be happier with the fit and the looks.

SIG P320.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top