JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everybody!
A fresh Newbie from BC, Canada. Originally from Rhodesia, the former Zimbabwe, now Canadian for the past 23+ years. It's a different life out here--certainly the names for the calibres are different--thirty-oh-six versus thirty-odd-six. I've had people look at me with a frown and I guess my accent doesn't help. A .22 here is a twenty-two; we call it a two-two. A buddy laughed when I said that and told me that a tutu was something a ballet dancer wore. I told him it was also a bishop in South Africa--Desmond Tutu. He didn't get it. We also use some not-so-common calibres over there, like the 7x57, 9.3x62. Great elk rifle.

Oh yeah, we also spell things differently too. Have a great weekend all!

Welcome from Beaverton, OR (a little bit South of you...). You're unique perspective from your life experiences is very interesting. Sounds like you will have a lot to contribute.

Hello everybody!
A fresh Newbie from BC, Canada. Originally from Rhodesia, the former Zimbabwe, now Canadian for the past 23+ years. It's a different life out here--certainly the names for the calibres are different--thirty-oh-six versus thirty-odd-six. I've had people look at me with a frown and I guess my accent doesn't help. A .22 here is a twenty-two; we call it a two-two. A buddy laughed when I said that and told me that a tutu was something a ballet dancer wore. I told him it was also a bishop in South Africa--Desmond Tutu. He didn't get it. We also use some not-so-common calibres over there, like the 7x57, 9.3x62. Great elk rifle.

Oh yeah, we also spell things differently too. Have a great weekend all!

Acclimate or you will be assimilated...:s0012:

Lol

Last Edited:
Welcome to the party! Funny thing... as you poke in here I've been building inroads on one of your forums up there to do research on a C8 clone I'm penciling out for the girlfriend. :) (She's a Canuck too, so I thought building her a C8 and the two of us running recreations of both the CF *and* USMC qual courses together would be a little more personal than just his-and-hers M4geries. After all, it seems like everybody and their frickin' DOG has an LE6920 or similar...)

Welcome to the party! Funny thing... as you poke in here I've been building inroads on one of your forums up there to do research on a C8 clone I'm penciling out for the girlfriend. :) (She's a Canuck too, so I thought building her a C8 and the two of us running recreations of both the CF *and* USMC qual courses together would be a little more personal than just his-and-hers M4geries. After all, it seems like everybody and their frickin' DOG has an LE6920 or similar...)
Lol WTF is that Canadian code for gun control LOL

Lol WTF is that Canadian code for gun control LOL
C8 = Canadian version of an M4, longer barrel and assorted technical improvements. Take a look at CanadianGunNutz sometime, some of them make a few of us look like softies by comparison. LE6920 being the closest thing in the Colt catalog for civilian sale to a full-on milspec M4...

I kinda figured they were guns lol I saw some YouTube stuff about Canada gun laws and regulations and the B.S. they have to deal with .
But if they want to jump through the hoops they can have them . Buy them I mean AR and other guns that we got . except we can go buy one tommorow they can't

Welcome aboard. Of been up to British Columbia a few times in years past; truly beautiful country up that way.

Out of curiosity, what rifle(s) do you have chambered in 9.3×62㎜ Mauser? :)

Welcome !

We're actually trying to say "aught" (sounds like odd) which can mean zero in American English.
30-aught-6 .... You are a member of the Great Hunter's Guild if you say 30-aught-6 :)
double-aught-buck (00 buckshot) etc

I kinda figured they were guns lol I saw some YouTube stuff about Canada gun laws and regulations and the B.S. they have to deal with .
But if they want to jump through the hoops they can have them . Buy them I mean AR and other guns that we got . except we can go buy one tommorow they can't

No doubt their gun laws are "different" but in some ways they are better than California or New Jersey.
  • If they have the right license they can buy a short barrelled AR "tomorrow" (or today).
  • They can carry short barrelled shotguns when hiking in the woods.
  • They can buy a gun and get it shipped by mail to their doorstep (usual postal delivery hassles and incompetence still apply).
Oh yeah, welcome SkyMaster. I left Canada about the time you showed up. Been to SA a long time ago - it's a different place and you are probably happy to be gone these days.

Welcome aboard... Out of curiosity, what rifle(s) do you have chambered in 9.3×62㎜ Mauser?
Thanks for the welcome! I personally don't have a 9.3x62. My dad had a Westley Richards in 9.3; when I came to Canada nobody had heard of one. I just figured it was an excellent calibre for elk and moose, which was borne out when a few became available in Canada from CZ. I don't think it ever caught on. Ammo is not that common which adds to the scarcity of the actual rifles.

Last Edited:
Welcome aboard our crazy train!
A common "Conversion" that's close to the 9.3x62 is a .30-338 wildcat of the .30 aught 6! Even better is the standard .338 Winchester magnum! Ether work exceptionally well on the larger animals.
Or you could go full awesome and use a .375 H&H!:D my personal fave!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top