Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Gunsafe Upgrade... WOOT!!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Stomper, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I just scored a couple new Liberty gunsafes on sale for $1,899.00 at Coastal Farm & Supply last weekend. This is a MASSIVE upgrade in the security of my firearms collection and ammo cache... I had to remove part of the wall to get the new safe in place, that's why there's still sheetrock dust on the floor. :thumbup:

Here's my old setup... The guns are growing in number and getting harder to keep from rubbing and scratching against one another. FYI- each one of those ammo cans on the shelves has anywhere from 960-1350 rounds depending on caliber.. and yes, that's a couple of vintage (de-activated) Sterling SMG's in front on the floor ;):

IMAG0269.jpg IMAG0271.jpg

New setup... ALL weapons (20 long guns and 6 handguns) and my ammo cache are now safely stowed and SECURED:
    IMAG0272.jpg IMAG0273.jpg

And this one is bolted down in the end of my bedroom closet so I can have my Mossberg-500, passports, jewelry, blank checks, (etc.) secured in the house instead of out in the workshop:
    IMAG0275.jpg IMAG0276.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg

That old brown "safe" in the first photo cost me $50 off Craig's List, and saved my guns from being stolen a couple years back when we suffered a chicken-sheit smash-n-grab when we stepped out to go to the rier on a hot day. Even with an alarm system it still takes the police around 5-10 minutes to arrive and in that time a lot of small "pocket stuffer" items can be boosted with a clean get-away. GET A GUNSAFE... anything that's failry strong can make ALL the difference!!

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  2. madmax

madmax woodburn Active Member

I got my fatboy jr at the last black friday $899 at costal, costal has them for $999 at the moment

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

With the heavy cans you may want to watch for the shelves to sag over time. Might be better off just removing the shelves and stacking the cans. Not a bad safe for a lower end but definately better than what you had.

4. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Nice set up. I'm getting to the point where I either need to get a bigger safe, or stop buying guns (or get rid of some). Maybe if I ever build a basement (and the man cave to go with it), I'll have room for a bigger safe (and more guns).

5. Snopczynski

Snopczynski Bonney Lake, WA Member

Nice, some of liberty's safes are pretty cool.

6. Redtazdog

Redtazdog Washington in the sticks Active Member

Soon you will be shopping for another safe or two as the new one looks kinda full :p

7. Snopczynski

Snopczynski Bonney Lake, WA Member

That's the number one mistake the customers make, they buy for what they have and don't have room to add on unfortunately.

He actualy has a whole side left for rifle storage in there, but he would have to pull the ammo cans out.