JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So driving down Beaverton/Hillsdale HWY and about a block from Fred Meyer, there's a big, new sign that says "the Gun Store"...

Anybody been in there yet or know anything about it ?

yep...got a new store in town....i hooked up their business internet and phone lines 2 weeks back.....discount guns....is their business name....soon to open.....hoorah....

I have been meaning to ask the same thing. When I drove by the other day it looked like a lot of "black rifles" on the wall. But then again I never went in to actually see.

Very good.... glad to see a new store..... That Dual Smoking Guns LLC place by Beaverton high school is not enough for me. They have like 3 Glocks and a XD and maybe an AR and they think they are a gun store lol. I usually go to Gunbroker on 99w in Tigard. I hope this new store has nice prices and good customer service. Also I hope they don't have dumb rules/store policy like Keith's........ NO LOADED GUNS allowed.... because guess what, next time (if I ever go to Keith's) I will CC inside and they can kiss my grits lol.

Very good.... glad to see a new store..... That Dual Smoking Guns LLC place by Beaverton high school is not enough for me. They have like 3 Glocks and a XD and maybe an AR and they think they are a gun store lol. I usually go to Gunbroker on 99w in Tigard. I hope this new store has nice prices and good customer service. Also I hope they don't have dumb rules/store policy like Keith's........ NO LOADED GUNS allowed.... because guess what, next time (if I ever go to Keith's) I will CC inside and they can kiss my grits lol.

Not sure how I feel on this issue... right to keep and bear arms and all that, but I have seen some atrocious gun-handling at gun shops. I thought I was going to have to scream down a yahoo who came within a foot or two of covering me, and my 14 month old son, with the muzzle of a rifle he was checking out in GB in Tigard.

went in, bought this:

dunno if i like it yet......

Guys in there are friendly, the selection isn't huge, but it is varied. Nice assortment of pistols and EBRs.

Prices on some things were good, on others...meh. That said, any new gun store is welcome, especially on the Westside.

Ohh I saw that place on my way to the valley theater the other day. I forgot all about it, I wanted to go and check it out.

Also I hope they don't have dumb rules/store policy like Keith's........ NO LOADED GUNS allowed.... because guess what, next time (if I ever go to Keith's) I will CC inside and they can kiss my grits lol.
Does Keith's actually mean your carry weapon when they say that? I always figured it was just meant for guns you are bringing in for smith work or trade.

Ohh I saw that place on my way to the valley theater the other day. I forgot all about it, I wanted to go and check it out.

Does Keith's actually mean your carry weapon when they say that? I always figured it was just meant for guns you are bringing in for smith work or trade.

Well if your going in with the intention to sell or have work done to the firearm, of course you want it to be unloaded. In my case, the pistol was unloaded with the mag out and the slide locked back inside a Blackhawk serpa level 2 and it was being open carried into the store. They didn't wine about that but the big fat dude with the red hair, BIG RED..... he was telling me I couldn't open carry ..... I told him I had a license and he said it didn't matter because I would need an open carry license. I told him the law allows me to open carry with my permit and he said no and that he used to be a cop so he knew better. A dumb F like him should never work at a gun shop if you ask me. If he really was a cop, he was probably a mall cop. So yea..... they (private property etc.) have the right to make rules and stuff, but I also have the right to protect myself. Do you for one second think that I am gonna let them mooks at Keith's protect me against a gunman? Heck no!
They don't search your body so a CC would be the only option. To me it's like going car shopping and having the car dealer tell me I can't pull into their lot with my car.... I actually don't drive but you get my point hahahahah. Only time I ever deal with Keith's is either at the gun show, and they best have something at a good price or I go to the store to buy a Glock as long as they have that factory LE discount lol. Otherwise I wouldn't even go #2 in their bathrooms :s0112:

>implying you can't OC with a CC license
>implying police know anything about firearms laws
>implying he was a cop in the first place (lol yeah and the guy next to him was a navy seal, riiiiiiight)

Huh, well forget keith's then. You'd think a gun store would be... ya know... pro-gun or something. They are too far away for me anyway.

I went into the store yesterday. Pretty decent selection of handguns and some ARs, AKs and a few HD/Tactical shotguns. I didn't check out the accessories wall but it looked like mostly holsters and range bags for tactical rifles.

I talked to the owner for about five minutes and he was SUPER friendly. He didn't have anything I needed, or already have, but he told me to check back every couple weeks because they will be getting more and more inventory in.
Overall it's a good store and if they keep prices decent they could become a great store meeting the needs of the folks on the westside.

I drove by there weekend before last as my wife had spotted the sign when she was out and about and told me about that. At that point I couldn't tell if they were just getting started or just shutting down. Nice to hear they are open now. I will have to check them out.

So yea..... they (private property etc.) have the right to make rules and stuff, but I also have the right to protect myself. Do you for one second think that I am gonna let them mooks at Keith's protect me against a gunman? Heck no! biggie24420

Wear proud and humbly, Biggie. Maybe on the fourth, fifth, sixth visit the police called and the caller will just shake their head - there he goes again. Maybe others will carry too on the job or on the street and soon no one will shake their heads. Proudly and Humbly goes Biggie.
Remember when ranchers in the fall would travel to town with their whole years gross earnings in a boot and a side arm openly worn? They should have and do so in a strange town with strange customs but their family's future in their boot. In the boot to pay a years one time payment on loans. This was the nineties folks. A tool to protect and serve.
Now police do not want their public service recorded? Recorded because it has become us versus them. Police are of us. A tough job but US. Why are we them and they us? I am me/us they are we/us. Proudly and humbly goes Biggie us and them all at the same once.
I no longer fear the boogie man. As Biggie said it's just my 'pint of view.' ;p
pdxjohann

yep, whatta stud.

Speaking of the Valley Theater, the Valley Ice Arena should be open under new management (Winterhawks) at the end of the month. The rink has supposedly been renovated, but to what extent I don't know.

Does anybody have an address for this new firearms store? Is it on the East or West side of HWY 217 past Fred Meyer?

There used to be one just across Farmington on the west side of Fred Meyer, near Beaverton HS. I never saw it operational, though, and they have a sign in the window that I haven't read.

Anyway, I'm going to look for it today after I get some things done.

Speaking of the Valley Theater, the Valley Ice Arena should be open under new management (Winterhawks) at the end of the month. The rink has supposedly been renovated, but to what extent I don't know.

Does anybody have an address for this new firearms store? Is it on the East or West side of HWY 217 past Fred Meyer?

There used to be one just across Farmington on the west side of Fred Meyer, near Beaverton HS. I never saw it operational, though, and they have a sign in the window that I haven't read.

Anyway, I'm going to look for it today after I get some things done.

The one in Beaverton you are referring to was called Dual Smoking Guns and it appears they are kaput. The one in Raleigh Hills I believe is a little east of the AAA building (east of Jesuit). They are in a little strip mall on the south side as you are heading east.

The one in Beaverton you are referring to was called Dual Smoking Guns and it appears they are kaput. The one in Raleigh Hills I believe is a little east of the AAA building (east of Jesuit). They are in a little strip mall on the south side as you are heading east.

Aha, I know exactly what you're referring to.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

I stopped by for a few minutes this afternoon. One of the guys working the counter is from their Seattle store and was really nice. They didn't have the gun I want but he took time to make small talk and just be friendly. They are still getting inventory in, moved most of the stuff they have from another store I guess.

Parking is limited and traffic is busy, but it's nice to have another place on this side of town.

I went in yesterday to check it out. It seems like a pretty cool place, they had lots and lots of magpul accessories and had dynamic handgun playing on a large TV in the back. :s0114: The store seemed kind of empty but I expect this will change very shortly as business picks up and they can buy more inventory. They also maybe plan on getting an SOT sometime in the future, perhaps early next year.

All the accessories and firearms seemed competitively priced but I thought the ammo prices (in general) were a little high. EXCEPT they also had 50rd LE boxes of 9mm gold dots for $35, that's a damn good price if I say so myself. Other than that though it was like $15-17/50rd box for the cheap FMJs, so I wouldn't buy plinking ammo there.

Makes me annoyed at myself that I didn't go in there earlier, it would have saved me some shipping on getting accessories from midway.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top