JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, the guy from Seattle, Frank, i think, was pretty cool. It never hurts to have more gunshops rather than less....

I used to go to Dual Smoking guns quite a bit (well, it was across from Beaverton bakery....:cool: ). Their store just never really seemed to take off, Although they did have lots of EBR parts, their prices on stripped lowers varied between outrageous and hilariously outrageous.. .

Anybody know if they are going to be open the day after Thanksgiving? My time in town is always limited, and this weekend I have to go to my cousin's wedding reception in Clarkston - leaving right after the GF gets off work Friday - and luckily, she works near the shop.

The employees are nice, which is a refreshing change from what we all get thrown at us as we enter the other independent G stores around town.

The prices, to put it bluntly, are high. If they want to actually make a profit in amounts large enough to stay open, then the key is VOLUME. When they see the consistently low prices offered at BiMart down the street, then maybe it will lower the prices at the new G store. A nice feature would be to offer a transfer service for a reasonable fee.
The small space and lack of parking makes me wonder if they are just targeting the first timer retail crowd from the upper income areas.

I was one of the first dozen or so people through the door and there was a guy grinding away about a gun store so close to the school. Lets hope that they do not start picketing outside, like they did to Armadillo Arms (best gun store in Portland , ever, IMHO) which led to the closure of that one.

Dual Smoking Guns is Kaput as far as i know; their space is empty, but never was much to go there for anyway.

Hope these guys get lots of product and low prices and last a long time.

"a guy who dresses for battle and thinks he is now a SEAL, is like a guy who puts on a tuxedo and thinks he is a penguin"

"a guy who dresses for battle and thinks he is now a SEAL, is like a guy who puts on a tuxedo and thinks he is a penguin"

I like that. and with permission from the author, I would add:

"......and believes it right up until the point he is 12 feet under the surface of polar ice."

Had the day off today so went in and checked it out. Small store. Not a lot of inventory, but fair selection of black rifles and fairly diverse offering of hand guns with a few tac shottys. Very friendly folks. Talked with the owner/manager, Randy. One plus is they are the only store I have found locally that has a good stock of Magpul accessories. Picked up a Magpul sling from them. Paid list, but by the time I ordered one direct from Magpul and paid freight I probably saved a few bucks.

The biggest drawback is that their location sucks. I have to believe that this store is there to test the Portland market to see if they think they can be profitable here. Very little parking and a little hard to get into and out of.

Been there, no buys yet. Exactly what I expected for a new place in a tiny strip mall.

They have other shops established in other places, so it's not a hail-mary first time effort for a local. Based on that, I'd like to see the prices come down so they can sell some volume, shape inventory to the customer base, build a rep and survive that crucial first year.

At 3 miles from my place, cheap ammo would make it a regular stop and get my cash flowing there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top