JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice choice. I EDC one as well with the Shield Arms mags and metal mag catch.
what holster do you use? I have G48 and both IWB and OWB holsters from Bravo Concealment. I just cant get them to not print and be comfortable while wearing just t-shirt. It should be noted that I'm fairly small. For now, I'm going with Glock 42 as EDC just for comfort and to avoid printing.

Nice. I also carry a 48. I am using the oem mags until my shield mags show up (placed a back order about a month ago). Plastic mag, plastic release. If you go to metal mags you will want to get a metal mag release. Good luck on the search for ammo my friend. You're joining a large party in the same boat. You will not be disappointed in the 48. I'd just suggest upgrading the iron sights at some point.

View attachment 882776
what holster is that? i also have G48 but cant seem to get EDC to work when only wearing t-shirt

what holster is that? i also have G48 but cant seem to get EDC to work when only wearing t-shirt
It's a fieldcraft survival holster. The Trex arms raptor is also a good option. What location do you carry? I carry appendix. So carrying in a T-shirt is no problem at all.

It's a fieldcraft survival holster. The Trex arms raptor is also a good option. What location do you carry? I carry appendix. So carrying in a T-shirt is no problem at all.
i'm trying diff positions now. I've experimented around the house but just got CHL a week ago. Walking around and doing things is just not the same around the house.

i'm trying diff positions now. I've experimented around the house but just got CHL a week ago. Walking around and doing things is just not the same around the house.
Nice! Congrats on the CHL. It just takes time. At first it is super awkward and uncomfortable and eventually you will get to the point when it's more awkward when you don't have it. Depending on how much your printing I wouldn't worry about it too much. The average person will never notice.

While brass cases ammo with JHP rounds are far and away the best for daily carry, an empty pistol is useless. If steel cased is all you can find, use it. One thing, however, that I can't stress enough, is that you invest in some bore copper cleaner. The copper fouling from bullets builds up quicker than you'd think, and will affect accuracy more than you realize. I use CLP to clean everything else, and put a light coat inside the bore for storage, but if you don't properly clean your barrel eventually you'll kill your accuracy or worse.

Leave your Glocks they way they come from the factory. Except sights, you can mess with those all you like. They work just fine without mods and some mods will cause problems you wouldn't have had if you just left well enough alone

New gun smell. Hmmmm...

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 1.41.37 PM.png

Leave your Glocks they way they come from the factory. Except sights, you can mess with those all you like. They work just fine without mods and some mods will cause problems you wouldn't have had if you just left well enough alone
Sometimes it can get pretty ridiculous. I knew a guy that went down to the store and bought a new 10-22 and then tossed it directly into a river because he realized all the volqueharsen parts he bought would make a whole rifle.

lol, not really but pretty much

This.

I really enjoy black rear sights and front fiber optics. I'm having trouble figuring out sight height and what will work.

The rear sight is 6.5mm(.255) from what I have read, https://warrentactical.com/product/...set-plain-rear-sight-fiber-optic-front-sight/

This says that it is compatible but shows a height of .230. how much variance if any is there? POI will be changed with any difference but was curious about what you Glock experts know.

I really enjoy black rear sights and front fiber optics. I'm having trouble figuring out sight height and what will work.

The rear sight is 6.5mm(.255) from what I have read, https://warrentactical.com/product/...set-plain-rear-sight-fiber-optic-front-sight/

This says that it is compatible but shows a height of .230. how much variance if any is there? POI will be changed with any difference but was curious about what you Glock experts know.
Glock includes the "depth of dovetail" in their sight height descriptions.
That's .080"
I like to convert to "height above the slide" ASAP.

Measure your sight heights above the slide.
Bench the gun with your existing sites. Dawson likes to use 20 yards as a distance to bench the gun.

Note your POA and POI.
If you like it, then you now know what to buy.
And they don't have to be the exact same heights....the DIFFERENTIAL has to be the same.
If your rear sight needs to be .015" (differential) taller than the front, then that's what you need with your new sights.

Both Dawson and Ameriglo have Sight Calculators on their websites if your existing sight heights don't work for you and you have to calculate to your desired POA/POI.
It's about doing some bench work, taking notes, using the brain and a little basic math.

And you will need to know what type of "hold" you want.
Sight Image 3 is also called "Combat Hold"
Screen Shot 04-21-19 at 04.30 PM.PNG

Last Edited:
Glock includes the "depth of dovetail" in their sight height descriptions.
That's .080"
I like to convert to "height above the slide" ASAP.

Measure your sight heights above the slide.
Bench the gun with your existing sites. Dawson likes to use 20 yards as a distance to bench the gun.

Note your POA and POI.
If you like it, then you now know what to buy.
And they don't have to be the exact same heights....the DIFFERENTIAL has to be the same.
If your rear sight needs to be .015" (differential) taller than the front, then that's what you need with your new sights.

Both Dawson and Ameriglo have Sight Calculators on their websites if your existing sight heights don't work for you and you have to calculate to your desired POA/POI.
It's about doing some bench work, taking notes, using the brain and a little basic math.

And you will need to know what type of "hold" you want.
Sight Image 3 is also called "Combat Hold"
View attachment 885946
Thank you so much

I guess I am getting a pistol notebook to go with my rifle one. I really like the center hold personally when I'm shooting speed steel and just for fun.

Are there advantages to the other 2 for defensive carry?

Are there advantages to the other 2 for defensive carry?
I think Center Hold is a good all around hold.
Combat Hold if you like to train 7 yards and in.

6:00 Hold is for slow fire precision shooting.
A 6:00 gun that's on at 25 yards can be used Center Hold for longer ranges.
It's hard for some n00bs to wrap their heads around a 6:00 Hold.

"How can I aim down there and then hit up there ?"
LOL

Love me some DP sights! Plain rear with FO front. While I have a set on my shield, I opted for Trijicon's XR HD for my 5in M&P and my G48. My Citadel 9mm 1911 just got updated to Dawson's. The DP sights just seem to be the best all around range/competition sights for me.

Last Edited:
Love me some DP sights! Plain rear with FO front. While I have a set on my shield, I opted for Trijicon's XR HD for my 5in M&P and my G48. My Citadel 9mm 1911 just got updated to Dawson's. The DP sights just seem to be the best all around range/competition sights for me.
So the rear sight is .256 height and the width/notch is .150?

The front sight height is .165 but I can't seem to find the OEM front sight width.

The Ameriglo website shows 3 options .105/.115/.130

Which one is closest to what I already have?

Sorry for all the questions, just getting lol the information I can before making purchases.

I'm headed to the range tomorrow to shoot it for the first time.

Thanks for all the patience

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads