JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
GunShowReceipt.JPG

Never had a need of this. I have always made sure the house comes first and what money I have after that is spent on my hobbies as I see fit. The wife works and does the same. I will admit to having gone to Model Airplane Swap meets tell my wife I was taking X number of engines to sell and ending up bringin home approx the same number (although they may or may not have been the same ones!)

Wife or no wife (for the foreseeable future, it is no wife), how I spend my own income/savings is my business and if someone tries to complain, they are at least ignored, possibly left at the side of the road to find their own way home if they complain too much.

That is, as long as I do not owe them any money - if I do, then they get paid off first. Right now, for the past ten years, and probably for the next decade, except for my mortgage, I owe no one any money.

I won't lie / sneak / hide about what I buy or trade ...or the dollar amount either.
Like that old saying:
"After I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my guns for what I told her I paid...:eek:"
I do like the humor in the OP ... that is a funny sign.

I do at times trade something that is worth more than the item I traded for and without a money profit...But I look at it like , I traded something I no longer had a use for , for something I have a use for.
When I do this my wife , just shakes her head....

I also have been known to sell at a screaming deal something so a new shooter can have cool item , they otherwise could not get....Or even giving away a shooting prize I earned , to a new / young shooter.
Andy

Last Edited:
It is a sore subject for me due to money being one of the reasons I got divorced.

For my ex-wife, my role was to earn the money and her role was to spend it. I felt I was responsible for shelter, food and utilities, medical care and so on, and that those were the first priorities. My wife felt differently; furniture and drapes and vacations, etc., came before rent, food and heat.

We parted ways, I continues to pay for my daughter's support, and she continued to spend much of that support money on other things. She went bankrupt 2+ times, still owes taxes, is now homeless (despite my helping her several times get off the street), has been arrested a number of times and as far as I know has nothing now except the clothes on her back.

It is a sore subject for me due to money being one of the reasons I got divorced.

For my ex-wife, my role was to earn the money and her role was to spend it. I felt I was responsible for shelter, food and utilities, medical care and so on, and that those were the first priorities. My wife felt differently; furniture and drapes and vacations, etc., came before rent, food and heat.

We parted ways, I continues to pay for my daughter's support, and she continued to spend much of that support money on other things. She went bankrupt 2+ times, still owes taxes, is now homeless (despite my helping her several times get off the street), has been arrested a number of times and as far as I know has nothing now except the clothes on her back.

I could write things about my ex that would turn your stomach. But whenever I tell stories about the evil one, I am reminded that I picked her to marry and make a kid with.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I could write things about my ex that would turn your stomach. But whenever I tell stories about the evil one, I am reminded that I picked her to marry and make a kid with.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah - I try not to talk about her since she isn't present to defend herself. I feel sorry for her, but the thing about having a wife have to give their stamp of approval in any way on any purchase, just is a big sore spot with me.

It goes both ways - if a SO is spending their own income and not spending mine, then I have no say in what they spend it on. I know this is not how most marriages work and is a major reason why mine didn't, but there it is. After being divorced for almost 3 decades and doing fine on my own, I still have strong feelings about the issue.

Yeah - I try not to talk about her since she isn't present to defend herself. I feel sorry for her, but the thing about having a wife have to give their stamp of approval in any way on any purchase, just is a big sore spot with me.

It goes both ways - if a SO is spending their own income and not spending mine, then I have no say in what they spend it on. I know this is not how most marriages work and is a major reason why mine didn't, but there it is. After being divorced for almost 3 decades and doing fine on my own, I still have strong feelings about the issue.

Me too. I'm usually a forgive kinda guy but I HATE that woman. Found somebody totally different personality the second time around... now have an entirely new set of issues, but at least I still treasure #2 no matter.

My folks were always his and her separate income and spending, other than basic household needs. So I am that way to. My current wifey is one of those combined income is ours together types, except for her side of family... it can get hard when she spends whatever she wants but I have to justify my own spending. Therefore, mostly I just don't mention it. o_O Fortunately for me that otherwise she is pretty scotch.

Well, I have accumulated significant assets over the decades - I had almost nothing when we divorced except debt - so if I ever hookup with someone again, it will be with a pre-nup, in no small part because I want almost all my assets to go to my daughter if something happened to me.

With the way the laws are today, you have to be careful about such things - common law marriage, etc., and all that jazz.

So.. how many guys that are saying they have no need for th OP's service suspect, or know, thier wife's(mine being the best and most beautiful of all) are monitoring this sight, and may see thier posts?

82B8D8D9-59C5-4359-AF17-5ACAC53ABF9E-647-0000016DCE9EB13C_tmp.jpg

5F2C69CA-237F-4D5E-B321-D032A09EF26F-647-0000016CB1E3E6B6_tmp.png

That is pretty funny, some people might take it seriously!

On a realistic note, my wife has almost never complained about me spending money, mostly because I'm tighter with a dollar than she is, and the fact that the family always comes first.

Everyone has their own way of doing things when it comes to money and marriage. For us every cent of my income is OUR money, since she has no income (health issues combined with the practicalities of raising a houseful of kids).

It probably makes it a little easier for us that we're just not tempted at all to go out and spend money on nice things and expensive toys, as the money just isn't there. Our focus has been on paying the bills, raising kids, and staying out of debt for so long that we simply couldn't care less about having nice stuff we don't need.

I won't lie / sneak / hide about what I buy or trade ...or the dollar amount either.
Like that old saying:
"After I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my guns for what I told her I paid...:eek:"
I do like the humor in the OP ... that is a funny sign.

I do at times trade something that is worth more than the item I traded for and without a money profit...But I look at it like , I traded something I no longer had a use for , for something I have a use for.
When I do this my wife , just shakes her head....

I also have been known to sell at a screaming deal something so a new shooter can have cool item , they otherwise could not get....Or even giving away a shooting prize I earned , to a new / young shooter.
Andy

All my guns are inventoried on a spreadsheet with acquisiton cost and updated current market value. I have shown her it and she is fine with it. I don't want her to be one of these widows who sells the guns for peanuts.

I hear www.plentyoffish.com is one place to look,
not that I bother, either

Very few women want to date, much less marry an out of shape 63 year old balding man that is borderline Aspergers with a gun fetish, survivalist tendencies and heretical Libertarian politics.

Those that do I may or may not be attracted to.

The only woman I have found that seems to like me and I like her lives in N. Dakota and can't afford to move here, while I am disinclined to pay to move her here just so I can learn if we are compatible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top