JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love my Liberty! Would absolutely go back to them. The fire rating and what you get for the cost along with customer service is hands down.

Ditto on the Liberty safes! I've had mine a loooooong time!
No problems what so ever. I'm glad to see they have good customer service, I wouldn't know, I've never had to call them! :) Even the finish has held up, what I would call, extremely well!

I went to NWSafe today and bought a Summit Rainer 3064 gun safe. It was on the show room floor and it has an upgraded 1/2" steel piece on the front of the door and body is 7 gauge steel. The default steel on the door is 3/8" steel. It weighs more than a 1000 lbs and I will have it bolted to the garage floor. Comes with LEDs installed and a door organizer so I just bought a Dri Rod dehumidifier. It is not has big as the Liberty Lincoln 35 gun safe I was looking at but I like more steel in my safe.

Summit Safes – Putting Steel Back Into Safes

I guess it was 3064 which is no longer produced.

<broken link removed>

Looks like a nice safe. Of course they are never big enough. :D
When I bought mine and they were trying to up sale me they mentioned this. As soon as you get one you find all kinds of stuff you want kept in it. I guess that's why you just buy another one later. :cool::cool::cool:
It is nice looking safe though, enjoy.

In recent threads here and elsewhere it appears that thicker solid steel safes are becoming available. So far, Sturdy brand seems to have very competitive prices in comparison to similar products.

I sent an email to sturdy safe a while back but I did not get any reply back.

I sent an email to sturdy safe a while back but I did not get any reply back.

I finally got response from Sturdy Safe today. Their body is made from 4 gauge steel (15/64") which is thicker than 7 gauge which is (3/16"). I already have a delivery date set and NWSafe only delivers on weekdays. Sturdy Safes quote is good for two months.

I got a quote on a

4g body, 3/8" door. 28"w 22"d 60"h

Last Edited:
Best Gun Safe For The Money, Top Rated Gun Safes - Gun Safe Reviews Guy

I decided that I didn't want to loose the cost of the less expensive safe as well as the guns in a break in so I bit the bullet finance wise and ended up with a Sturdy brand safe with the thicker steel--4 GA (shy of 1/4") walls, 3/8" steel plate door on frame of 4" C channels of 3/16" steel. Utilitarian, but I wanted to put my money towards safety rather than bling.

My next safe will be a Sturdy Safe.

Last Edited:
I was talking to the guy at NWSafe that was helping me choose a safe and he was telling me about a safe in the garage that was not bolted down and it was stolen. Not sure why people do not bolt down their safe on the garage since it has a concrete floor already.

Last Edited:
I was talking to the guy at NWSafe that was helping me choose a safe and he was telling me about a safe in the garage that was not bolted down and it was stolen. Not sure why people do not bolt down their safe on the garage since it has a concrete floor already.

My thought is if your stupid enough to buy a nice safe and NOT bolt it down then your an idiot and deserve to get your shyt jacked! :confused:

I finally got response from Sturdy Safe today. Their body is made from 4 gauge steel (15/64") which is thicker than 7 gauge which is (3/16"). I already have a delivery date set and NWSafe only delivers on weekdays. Sturdy Safes quote is good for two months.

I got a quote on a

4g body, 3/8" door. 28"w 22"d 60"h

I'm sorry to hear that anyone thinks this is a heavy-duty safe with a body
that is under 1/4" thick:eek:
I suppose if you stand it up next to a Sentry safe it will look OK

I'm sorry to hear that anyone thinks this is a heavy-duty safe with a body
that is under 1/4" thick:eek:
I suppose if you stand it up next to a Sentry safe it will look OK

I do not consider a 4 gauge steel panel secure at all but it costs quite bit to build in upgrades like stainless steel for anti-torch capabilities, etc. If money was no object then I would get a Graffunder Safe. Unfortunately I do not have the funds to buy a bigger more secure gun safe at this time. My guns are insured and my home has an alarm system too.

Graffunder Safe and Vault Doors from Sage Safe Co. | Residential and Commercial

My thought is if your stupid enough to buy a nice safe and NOT bolt it down then your an idiot and deserve to get your shyt jacked! :confused:

Yeah. Mine is bolted to the concrete floor of the garage, steel plates are used to lift the safe for airflow and block access to the bolts. There is a structure behind to discourage anyone from putting a chain or cable around the safe and pulling it out with a vehicle.

I'd love to have a real safe, but being on a fixed income my finance are limited. The Sturdy safe is in the transition between standard RSC and full scale safe so it will have to do. Not a Graffunder, but should take long enough to breach that the police will catch intruders in the act. Or I will.

I've fantasized installing a claymore mine above the door, but you know how these city governments are... :D

LOL, kind of like putting a nice door and lock in with a large window in it. Make it easy for them to reach in and open the lock. :D

Funny thing is I sell doors to people all the time with a window in it. If someone wants into your house they can throw a rock through any window just as easy. IMHO locks are there for their saftey not mine. They will always get the same greeting. A locked and loaded .45 if I'm home and a 12 gauge pump tactical from my wife if I am not. :D

Funny thing is I sell doors to people all the time with a window in it. If someone wants into your house they can throw a rock through any window just as easy. IMHO locks are there for their saftey not mine. They will always get the same greeting. A locked and loaded .45 if I'm home and a 12 gauge pump tactical from my wife if I am not. :D

I know the locks are just for the honest people . What I laugh at if the super high end locks they are always trying to sell me. "Very hard to pick" or "break". Installed right next to a window that is very easy to break. It's like "can you see that window there next to that super high end lock? ;)
Nothing wrong with "hardening" a home to help but many seem to use zero common sense when they try this. Extra super door very hard to kick in. Great, but what good is that if there is a window there that is just plain glass? I have seen this done. If you want to harden the home it has to be done all the way around.

I know the locks are just for the honest people . What I laugh at if the super high end locks they are always trying to sell me. "Very hard to pick" or "break". Installed right next to a window that is very easy to break. It's like "can you see that window there next to that super high end lock? ;)
Nothing wrong with "hardening" a home to help but many seem to use zero common sense when they try this. Extra super door very hard to kick in. Great, but what good is that if there is a window there that is just plain glass? I have seen this done. If you want to harden the home it has to be done all the way around.

Agree I sold a door to a customer that wanted a secure door. Chose a steel jamb so it couldn't be broken and some lock that cost $380 dollars and then his wife chooses a full lite door! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Tried explaining but at the end who am I to argue with a customer. :oops:

Here's how they deterred safe crackers in the old days.

Wife decades ago had two safes where she works that they had to get opened. They were from around the turn of the century. No one working there had any idea of the combinations. She had to call in a couple smiths before one would try. The one (old timer) who got them opened showed them on the one where there was a pocket. It was part of the lock and was made to hold a vial of nitro originally. Idea was if someone started trying to punch in it would blow. After all that the safes were empty which was a real let down to everyone there.

Yeah. Mine is bolted to the concrete floor of the garage, steel plates are used to lift the safe for airflow and block access to the bolts. There is a structure behind to discourage anyone from putting a chain or cable around the safe and pulling it out with a vehicle.

I'd love to have a real safe, but being on a fixed income my finance are limited. The Sturdy safe is in the transition between standard RSC and full scale safe so it will have to do. Not a Graffunder, but should take long enough to breach that the police will catch intruders in the act. Or I will.

I've fantasized installing a claymore mine above the door, but you know how these city governments are... :D

Burglar Bomb

I have a new safe and I also bought the Liberty Safe Monitor that shows temperature and relative humidity. Also shows door and vibration events too, I have an electric dri-rod in my safe now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top