Simply Triggers
J&B Firearm Sales
Southwest Firearms
HighLine Firearms
Low Price Guns
Gun Deals
Reactions
Hi all,

Pretty new to Seattle area, just under a year. New gun owner as well, going to the range and improving has been a great experience so far. Not being able to practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has been a bummer during the pandemic, but this new pursuit has filled some of the void. Initially bought my first firearm due to the pandemic and potential civil unrest, but found I really enjoyed shooting and have since gone down the rabbit hole.

Growing up my family never really introduced me to firearms so starting from scratch. But the people I've met at the ranges have been super helpful and open to a newbie.

Regards,
Eric

Last Edited:
Reactions
Hi all,

Pretty new to Seattle area, just under a year. New gun owner as well, going to the range and improving has been a great experience so far. Not being able to practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has been a bummer during the pandemic, but this new pursuit has filled some of the void. Initially bought my first firearm due to the pandemic and potential civil unrest, but found I really enjoyed shooting and have since gone down the rabbit hole.

Growing up my family never really introduced me to firearms so starting from scratch. But the people I've met at the ranges have been super helpful and open to a newbie.

Regards,
Eric
Welcome Eric !
You will find shooting to have something in common with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Shooting is also a discipline.
Breathing, balance, timing, concentration. You will master shooting in the same fashion as jiu-jitsu. Have fun and be safe.
-Keith

Reactions
Welcome Eric !
You will find shooting to have something in common with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Shooting is also a discipline.
Breathing, balance, timing, concentration. You will master shooting in the same fashion as jiu-jitsu. Have fun and be safe.
-Keith
Hi Keith, thanks. Yes noticed this, the pursuit and discipline is very rewarding.

Wood Worker

Reactions
Today mostly pistol or rifle, 50 yards or less self defense practice.
Last year I was really into varmit shooting in Eastern Oregon, my cousin knows a few property owners around Christmas Valley that let us shoot once in a while.
I have an older NEF Handi rifle in 223 that is far more accurate than my ability be still, and it gives around coffee cup sized groups at 200 yards, I have seen it shoot better for other relatives, but for me it is enough to shoot coyotes with.

Sporting Systems
Let Freedom Ring
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Cerberus Training Group
Southwest Firearms

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington Gun Show
Battle Ground, WA
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Redmond, OR
Rickreall Winter Gun Show