Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New gun owner in beaverton

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ghostrunner, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Ghostrunner

Ghostrunner PDX New Member

Hey guys,

My name is Tom. I just bought my first gun a few weeks ago and already have the bug to get more. I have a Remington 770 chambered in 30-06. good first gun but i want more.

Looking at building an AR15 or AR10 next but would either have to wait and buy a complete or piece it together as I go. any suggestions?

Also anyone know of any other good spots to go shooting besides salmonberry rd on the west side?

2. Levi

Levi Portland Oregon Member

I used to go up to potratz rd I haven't been in years. Part of the road is washed out and unpassable to most 4wd so I just shot a bit south of that point. As for an AR they are fun to have but can turn really spendy to build depending on what you do. It seems like I looked into building a dpms a few years ago they had a great website for doing this. Good luck.

3. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Not as far as Salmonberry rd, Beaverdam quarry at Browns Camp on the Tillamook forrest.

4. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

Welcome :gun14:

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Tom, welcome to the forum.

6. Ghostrunner

Ghostrunner PDX New Member

I will check those places out. actually heard today a friend of mine is selling his ar15 and i might pick that up. let the addiction begin