Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

New gun owner in beaverton

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ghostrunner, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Ghostrunner

Ghostrunner PDX New Member

Hey guys,

My name is Tom. I just bought my first gun a few weeks ago and already have the bug to get more. I have a Remington 770 chambered in 30-06. good first gun but i want more.

Looking at building an AR15 or AR10 next but would either have to wait and buy a complete or piece it together as I go. any suggestions?

Also anyone know of any other good spots to go shooting besides salmonberry rd on the west side?

2. Levi

Levi Portland Oregon Member

I used to go up to potratz rd I haven't been in years. Part of the road is washed out and unpassable to most 4wd so I just shot a bit south of that point. As for an AR they are fun to have but can turn really spendy to build depending on what you do. It seems like I looked into building a dpms a few years ago they had a great website for doing this. Good luck.

3. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Not as far as Salmonberry rd, Beaverdam quarry at Browns Camp on the Tillamook forrest.

4. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

Welcome :gun14:

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Tom, welcome to the forum.

6. Ghostrunner

Ghostrunner PDX New Member

I will check those places out. actually heard today a friend of mine is selling his ar15 and i might pick that up. let the addiction begin