JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi! I'm a new gun owner. In the past I have been shooting multiple times with friends, but I come from an anti-gun family and just purchased a Ruger SR9-C, just wondering where a gal can learn the ins and outs of gun safety? Anywhere around PDX and SEA would work!

I've always wondered why a woman couldn't learn from a Man or vise versa. If they have the credentials who cares...flame away if you feel it prudent.

Its the other way around. Women can learn from anyone who provides good instruction.

Its how the man teaches that can be the problem. Some men are incapable of knowing what needs to be the same and what needs to be different. I think its called "gender responsivity".

Could happen.
In my sampling of "one", there is no way that I could teach my wife ANYTHING !

o_O

This is true. I tried to teach my daughter the basics of marksmanship. She didnt listen because I was DAD. We were at a DCM (pre CMP) match. Another competitor started working with her, telling her EXACTLY the same things i did. She listened, she applied, and got bullseyes.

This is true. I tried to teach my daughter the basics of marksmanship. She didnt listen because I was DAD. We were at a DCM (pre CMP) match. Another competitor started working with her, telling her EXACTLY the same things i did. She listened, she applied, and got bullseyes.

My son used to be the same way in Little League :D

Its the other way around. Women can learn from anyone who provides good instruction.

Its how the man teaches that can be the problem. Some men are incapable of knowing what needs to be the same and what needs to be different. I think its called "gender responsivity".
I should have qualified "Men who aren't pigs" :D

Out of the blue, my wife asked me to teach her how to use a chain saw.

She did quite well.

She's taught me all sorts things I would still have zero knowledge of, like how to navigate the internet and other, similar stuff.

Fact is, I still wouldn't know a thing about the internet were it not for her instruction as I wouldn't have been motivated to learn. She likes all things computer, I don't, but she convinced me to learn some...

I taught my Daughter how to drive a stick shift pick up.

The idea Husbands can't teach Wives how to 'fill in the blank' and vice versa is nonsense or Mothers or Fathers can't teach their children how to do more than the dishes or take out the trash...

Out of the blue, my wife asked me to teach her how to use a chain saw.

She did quite well.

She's taught me all sorts things I would still have zero knowledge of, like how to navigate the internet and other, similar stuff.

Fact is, I still wouldn't know a thing about the internet were it not for her instruction as I wouldn't have been motivated to learn. She likes all things computer, I don't, but she convinced me to learn some...

I taught my Daughter how to drive a stick shift pick up.

The idea Husbands can't teach Wives how to 'fill in the blank' and vice versa is nonsense or Mothers or Fathers can't teach their children how to do more than the dishes or take out the trash...
I wish my wife would let me teach her how to drive.
She insists on being a self-taught menace to the public.

I have taught a number of folks to shoot. Including, as terrifying as it turned out, three ex wives. If you were any closer I would be happy to help out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top