JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You may want to contact Tri-County as they don't require a membership for competition (great way to learn and to hook up with others who are new) and there may be some courses you can take there as well without becoming a member first.

The range in Yakima has all women's defensive pistol shooting courses as well as basic safety that's an excellent facility in fact my wife is going this Saturday for an all-women's defensive course

Missmoto , welcome.

I gotto say, you are awesome for trying to learn something that is pretty far out of the norm, in a gender sense. By no means do I believe in the stereotypes that say that you should play with your dollies and leave the bang sticks to the boys.

I'm blessed to have so many things like shooting that I share with my woman. Street bikes, dirt bikes, shootin, kayaks, Jeepin ...
I know that we are in different areas, but if you ever find yourself in the Spokane area, give me a heads up. My Very Significant Other would love to go sling some lead with ya.
Thank you! I absolutely will :) It's so nice to see so many people reaching out I didn't expect this at all!

I think that we as gun owners realize that for the 2A to have a voice we need to actively encourage as many people to exercise their 2A rights as possible, and not only middle age white guys, we want people of both genders, all races, all economic backgrounds, all occupations, and all locations to exercise their rights and to be vocal with their elected officials that we are done with the slippery slope infringements.

I think that we as gun owners realize that for the 2A to have a voice we need to actively encourage as many people to exercise their 2A rights as possible, and not only middle age white guys, we want people of both genders, all races, all economic backgrounds, all occupations, and all locations to exercise their rights and to be vocal with their elected officials that we are done with the slippery slope infringements.
Nailed it, Couldn't have said it better! :D

Damn straight. The right to keep and bear arms is for all citizens; man or woman, of any race, of any creed or none at all, old or young, management or labor, of any sexual orientation or community, Anglo or Latino, or of any economic class. :s0155:

Damn straight. The right to keep and bear arms is for all citizens; man or woman, of any race, of any creed or none at all, old or young, management or labor, of any sexual orientation or community, Anglo or Latino, or of any economic class. :s0155:

Effin-A right!

Hi! I'm a new gun owner. In the past I have been shooting multiple times with friends, but I come from an anti-gun family and just purchased a Ruger SR9-C, just wondering where a gal can learn the ins and outs of gun safety? Anywhere around PDX and SEA would work!
Hi! I'm a new gun owner. In the past I have been shooting multiple times with friends, but I come from an anti-gun family and just purchased a Ruger SR9-C, just wondering where a gal can learn the ins and outs of gun safety? Anywhere around PDX and SEA would work!
Cerberus group is not far from you .

If you're near Portland, Oregon, we have a very new and unique training facility. Real-world pragmatic and training in a safe environment. We use both intert and gas blowback training pistols as well as safe munitions coupled with 5 digital lanes to teach practical skills for self defense. Here is a sneak peak :
. If interested, visit https://defensivearts.org and use a contact form to get ahold of us. We would love to train with you. Our next Escalation of Defense course starts on January 28th at 6:00 pm.

I'm due South of you along Hwy 97 in Goldendale.

Go take a class here. Its worth the drive. And closer for you by double than PDX.

Best training for the $$ you are gonna get and Steve is a gentleman.

Oh yeah welcome to NWFA.
the Ruger lcr 9 is a good gun .
But be prepared.
When you start out with one gun.
It leads to another and then another and then another.
I could keep going up to 35 times.
Because that's how many guns I own.
Some people could go into the hundreds.
FAIR WARNING DON'T BUILD YOUR OWN AR15 .
That leads to a really deep hole.
LOL

I've always wondered why a woman couldn't learn from a Man or vise versa. If they have the credentials who cares...flame away if you feel it prudent.

I've always wondered why a woman couldn't learn from a Man or vise versa. If they have the credentials who cares...flame away if you feel it prudent.
Considdering my Lovely Bride did her mandatory 2 years in the Army, and that included weapons training, she can shoot quite well, having qualified Expert!
Hand her an AK and stand Back, its almost sensuous! :D:D:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads