JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gents, lets not make sexist comments here, were all in this together, and helping out ANY new shooter should be De'rigure for all, regardless of anything else!

And the more ladies who choose to make firearms a part of their self defense plan, the better for all!

Thank you for saying that. So many of the women we teach have decided they don't want their husband/boyfriend/dad to just hand them a loaded firearm or have them clear jams. They want to do it themselves. And they DO. To the extent that many husbands are a bit bothered that their wives are outshooting them. One woman told me that her husband put the gun safe on her side of the bed saying, "You'll do more good with this than I will!"

We're making some t-shirts that say "BE YOUR OWN DAMN HERO!"

My wife has always been a more accurate shot than I. But she needed some additional training for self-defense shooting. Now I wouldn't run from her, because I'd die tired. ;)

She's always outfished me too...

Welcome to the forum and the hobby!
Others here have already posted some awesome sources so Im sure you have more than enough to sift through.
But thank you for embracing the hobby despite family opinion and seeking out sources for shooting safety!
I think that is really cool and proactive.

My wife used to be able to outshoot me, when we were both active duty. Now that I have learned better skills in Steve's classes I can slightly edge her out. I just need to sign her up for some of his classes before her next qualification.
There are some good books about female snipers I want to find, mostly centered around Russia/WWII. I've also heard that many of Israel's successful snipers are women.

I'm due South of you along Hwy 97 in Goldendale.

Missmoto
Recommend you contact these folks.
They are in your neighborhood and they are good at what they do.

If you can go to Vancouver There is classes at SAFEFIRE if I don't have the name wrong . It was suggested by folks here.I sent my sister there .She was Impressed ,and felt comfortable and learned alot with a little range training to boot. If your interested I will contacted her and make sure the name is correct, welcome and be safe .:s0003:

Welcome to the forum and to the world of shooting!

Best wishes to you in finding a good teacher.

Old Lady Cate

Missmoto , welcome.

I gotto say, you are awesome for trying to learn something that is pretty far out of the norm, in a gender sense. By no means do I believe in the stereotypes that say that you should play with your dollies and leave the bang sticks to the boys.

I'm blessed to have so many things like shooting that I share with my woman. Street bikes, dirt bikes, shootin, kayaks, Jeepin ...
I know that we are in different areas, but if you ever find yourself in the Spokane area, give me a heads up. My Very Significant Other would love to go sling some lead with ya.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top