JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi! I'm a new gun owner. In the past I have been shooting multiple times with friends, but I come from an anti-gun family and just purchased a Ruger SR9-C, just wondering where a gal can learn the ins and outs of gun safety? Anywhere around PDX and SEA would work!

Although not actually the greatest place overall. Beaver creek Armory off Highway 26 does an outstanding all ladies class for new shooters. It is taught by a lady and according to my wife, who isn't all that new, said she enjoyed it vs the typical male mancho machismo thing she has received from other firearm training classes.

If you are willing to wait a year plus, Tri County members have access to a huge range of resources including all ladies clubs.

Howdy! La Grande Rifle and Pistol Club has a new ladies Defensive Pistol Club.... to bad yer that far away. Not too far to come for a match every so often tho.

Otherwise... just wanted to say hi from a fellow SR9c owner. It is my carry pistol and I love it. Mine's an older version and the trigger wasn't as good as it could be... the $0.25 trigger job/polish video on YouTube was very helpful! As was replacing the OEM connector with a Ghost 3.5 connector (all of which could be done later, no hurry).

Enjoy!

bb

Also look at Steve Shield's courses at Cerberus Group. He teaches at his private range near Goldendale and occasionally on the Western side of the range. Excellent, practically-focused instruction.

Hi! I'm a new gun owner. In the past I have been shooting multiple times with friends, but I come from an anti-gun family and just purchased a Ruger SR9-C, just wondering where a gal can learn the ins and outs of gun safety? Anywhere around PDX and SEA would work!

I'm due South of you along Hwy 97 in Goldendale.

Women are the fastest growing sector of gun owners. Good for you in choosing to be a responsible gun owner
in getting some training. I hope you find what your looking for. Welcome to NWFA.

You might check to see if there are any IPSC or IDPA clubs in your area. The one I was a member of was very helpful with new shooters and women shooters (we also had a number of women shooters as well). Any one coming in for the fist few times could borrow just about any gear they needed, except guns for obvious reasons, but belts, holsters and pouchs were always available for loan. Some clubs are scum to newbies however and "'not us/our member" shooters, so if the club gives you the cold shoulder, try a different one.

I don't believe a man is required to help a female learn to shoot.

@missmoto16 welcome and I hope you stick with it and get the training you need! :)

Thank you for saying that. So many of the women we teach have decided they don't want their husband/boyfriend/dad to just hand them a loaded firearm or have them clear jams. They want to do it themselves. And they DO. To the extent that many husbands are a bit bothered that their wives are outshooting them. One woman told me that her husband put the gun safe on her side of the bed saying, "You'll do more good with this than I will!"

We're making some t-shirts that say "BE YOUR OWN DAMN HERO!"

I don't think leadcounsel was indicating that only a man could teach a female to shoot; rather I think he meant that there are usually an abundance of men who are willing and available to provide help to ladies.

I don't think leadcounsel was indicating that only a man could teach a female to shoot; rather I think he meant that there are usually an abundance of men who are willing and available to provide help to ladies.

There are an abundance of ladies that could show us men a thing or two about shooting. Not helping here dude.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top