JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone, I am starting a gun manufacturing business as I didn't think there were enough ARs on the market so I wanted to add another. I'm trying to work my way into the mid tier group of ARs. Right now as I don't have my FFL yet and am mostly testing the waters before getting in too deep, I am focusing on Uppers. I believe that I have found a good balance of cost to performance. I have a batch of uppers that I will be building soon and will be posting some info on that before too long.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome aboard.

What material are you making your uppers from?

The .223 market is really saturated, have you considered producing 9mm, .40 or .45acp uppers? Joining the niche market may be your best bet to make a name for yourself.

Hello everyone, I am starting a gun manufacturing business as I didn't think there were enough ARs on the market so I wanted to add another. I'm trying to work my way into the mid tier group of ARs. Right now as I don't have my FFL yet and am mostly testing the waters before getting in too deep, I am focusing on Uppers. I believe that I have found a good balance of cost to performance. I have a batch of uppers that I will be building soon and will be posting some info on that before too long.
I'll volunteer to do product testing you send me uppers and I'll write, poorly written, grammatically flawed yet honest reviews.

So are we starting with Carbines? Pistols?

300BO? 556? Either way I'm not picky.

Welcome aboard.

What material are you making your uppers from?

The .223 market is really saturated, have you considered producing 9mm, .40 or .45acp uppers? Joining the niche market may be your best bet to make a name for yourself.
They're 7075 t6 Aluminum. And at the moment I am not wanting to get into the PCC realm. All of my testing and research is focused on the standard AR15. Eventually I will get into 300black and I would like to explore either 6.5 grendel or 6.8spc and get into AR10s.

Are you manufacturing your own upper parts?
No, I am using existing parts. I got tired of always wanting to change a few things on any rifle I get. So I'm taking good parts from one company and good parts from other companies and putting them together. That way everything is ready to go. Not trying to do anything fancy, just trying to make something good.

No, I am using existing parts. I got tired of always wanting to change a few things on any rifle I get. So I'm taking good parts from one company and good parts from other companies and putting them together. That way everything is ready to go. Not trying to do anything fancy, just trying to make something good.
So does that make you a "manufacturer"?

So does that make you a "manufacturer"?
I don't think so….. assembly is different than manufacturing as far as I know. But I may be wrong. If that's the case I've been manufacturing uppers for years.

There are a few guys here locally who assemble custom AR's for people who are too busy, too wealthy, or just not mechanically inclined. It's a good side hustle for them. Since you are not serializing the receivers, you do not need FFL 7. You do need FFL 3 to buy the receivers and transfer them though.

There are a few guys here locally who assemble custom AR's for people who are too busy, too wealthy, or just not mechanically inclined. It's a good side hustle for them. Since you are not serializing the receivers, you do not need FFL 7. You do need FFL 3 to buy the receivers and transfer them though.
Good to know, I was planning on getting a type 7

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads