JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Springfield coming in hot with the 2011's yeah buddy! Not gonna lie lookin forward to the cheaper mags and Agency AOS mounting system.

Also Tu Lam is a bad mamer jammer 🤓

Last Edited:
I dig it. I was looking at a final pistol purchase and right now this is at the top of the list.

If I want a high capacity 9mm 1911 i will buy a FN hi power. A 1911 is supposed to 45acp or 38 Super. This is not a 1911 and it is not for me. IMHO. I wonder If Mr. Browning is rolling over.

Its about time. Theres no reason an "afforadble" (cough) 1911 doublestack cant be made. Ive been wanting an "affordable" doublestack 1911 for a long time and now that ones finally in production Im already invested in single stacks and even now polymer striker to meet any capacity need.
I still really want this, anyways...

in watchng the video the trigger pull/reset is overly long for my tastes,at least that is what I 'saw' several times. Even IF I could afford it, thaat long trigger pull would not ring my bells

Well I can't seem to find the review I read on this but the reviewer thought the Staccatos looked better, the fit and finish on the Springfield was at least as good as the Staccato, and he thought the trigger on the Springer was actually better.

Springfield has a lot of experience with 1911's so it's possible the trigger is better. Will be interested to see what others have to say.

If I want a high capacity 9mm 1911 i will buy a FN hi power. A 1911 is supposed to 45acp or 38 Super. This is not a 1911 and it is not for me. IMHO. I wonder If Mr. Browning is rolling over.
Right...because 2011's have been out for almost 20 years. Then there's the amazing double stack "1911-like" variants that Wilson Combat has put out. But this Springfield is the one that's going to make Mr. Browning roll over.

Not to mention that Browning was an innovator, inventor, entrepreneur, etc. Not only are the odds high that he would think 2011's were cool, my bet is that he would have built it himself had he lived long enough. It's a shame we will never know.

Lastly, Hi Powers are cool. But they are not 1911's. That's just silly.

Right...because 2011's have been out for almost 20 years. Then there's the amazing double stack "1911-like" variants that Wilson Combat has put out. But this Springfield is the one that's going to make Mr. Browning roll over.

Not to mention that Browning was an innovator, inventor, entrepreneur, etc. Not only are the odds high that he would think 2011's were cool, my bet is that he would have built it himself had he lived long enough. It's a shame we will never know.

Lastly, Hi Powers are cool. But they are not 1911's. That's
1911s are not polymer guns and a BHP is closer to a traditional 1911 than this hi capacity plastic wonder is

Last Edited:
I'm interested in getting into the 2011 platform so having another option is good.
I also know myself and the experience I've had with Springfield.

I am 100% sure I would have this at the smithy within days getting everything in the frame tuned. Most of the reviews I've seen support that likelihood.

That said....good on Springfield for bringing another option to the market.

Its a 1911.
They are all 1911s..... 2011 was just a marketing gimmick to try and make them appear modern technology. The problem was all the 2011 makers were all 2 grand and up. Marketing failure IMO.

Good on Springfield. JMB would be proud his gun is still thriving over 100 years later.

Well I can't seem to find the review I read on this but the reviewer thought the Staccatos looked better, the fit and finish on the Springfield was at least as good as the Staccato, and he thought the trigger on the Springer was actually better.

Springfield has a lot of experience with 1911's so it's possible the trigger is better. Will be interested to see what others have to say.
I have a staccato C2, P and XC, I can tell you that the springer I just bought isn't even in the same league. Not in trigger, fit and finish nothing.

That said I bought the gun for one reason and that was to send it to the smith I use to completely work it over.

The problem Springfield is going to have is the market for this gun is people interested in double stack 1911's but not used to 1911 issues. It's been out for a month and every complaint I see makes me shake my head As they expect it to be like a staccato for 1k less. Corners were cut and they are showing.

2C991CFD-ED4C-4734-831F-09531D4FDC4A.jpeg D53DB3BC-15CB-4A66-9C1C-9E1AC6B4D89C.jpeg 4BC65ACE-0567-4AC5-A1FB-4A72B1141432.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads