JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took some advice from a few on here. My daughter draw a super tag over here for elk. I was gonna have her use my .300 wsm. She shot it. It went ok. But I didn't see her being able to shoot good enough out to 300 yards or more.
So I'm a browning guy. But I've been trying to branch out the last few years.
So this time I picked up a Tikka T3x compact in 6.5 CM. Looking to put a Leupold VX3i 4-14. Putting a limb saver on it.
Hoping this goes well.
But that gun was HARD TO FIND. Got it for $593.00 new.

Hope this works

Congratulations, that is going to be some amazing lifetime memories for you and her.

Different strokes for different folks, but that setup sounds like anyone would love it. I'd be doing that or a 7mm-08 with the same rifle/scope combo. Best of luck on a successful hunt!

6.5CM is a pussycat. The limb saver probably isn't necessary. :)

ANYTHING that reduces felt recoil (while not absolutely "necessary") is a benefit towards good shooting. With newcomers or small-statured persons (women, kids) it becomes much closer to "necessary". My concern here would be that it not be a "slip-on" that negatively changes the ergonomics (read, length of pull) of the gun.

Newcomers of small stature deserve to have a gun that is altered properly to fit them perfectly. It then becomes THEIR gun, and they become proud and encouraged by that. The fact that a perfectly fitting gun IS necessary for the best shooting is icing on the cake.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top