JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New gun control petition just filed in WA state;

"...Besides raising the minimum age to buy semi-automatic weapons, the proposed ballot measure would:

▪ Require local law enforcement background checks for purchases of semi-automatic weapons. Those background checks are currently required when buying a handgun.

▪ Hold gun owners legally responsible if a child uses a gun that was stored unsafely.

▪ Provide a warning to people when they buy a gun of dangers involved with owning a firearm.

▪ Require a waiting period of up to 10 days for the purchase of an "assault weapon."

▪ Create a process for the state to continually check that gun owners are eligible to keep their weapon.....

Ballot measure launched to raise age to buy semi-automatic weapons

Is anyone or any organization filing some lawsuits to delay them getting the petitions out?

If not why not, I'm interested in helping to delay these people getting their petitions on the street.?

I thought petitions in WA State had to be addressed to one issue. Isn't there also a $25.00 fee for purchasing a semi-automatic rifle too? This one seems to be the anti-gun crowd's wish list of proposals, short of actual confiscation.

I think they are trying to skirt that by saying that "gun violence prevention" is one issue/subject.

Ray

I have no doubt that's what they are thinking...but registration, a tax, safe storage, and miscellaneous other issues is not a one issue. Next will be I would like to schedule state visits, to check storage and safety.

this just wrong...and only applies to those that do the right thing anyway, total government overreach.

Looks like it is the one on the bottom here (by the way, there is a guy in Washington named Tim who really hates taxes)

Initiatives & Referendums - Elections & Voting - WA Secretary of State
http://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/420201831446PM_364.docx

Started by Wa Alliance for Gun responsibility.
Board of Directors - Alliance for Gun Responsibility Foundation

Interesting to see the President, Linda Parrish, is a "certified mixologist" according to her Bio. I see that she feels that alcohol is not the risk to children, but rather the "more than 208,000 students attending at least 212 schools have experienced a shooting on campus since the Columbine mass shooting in 1999" is the important issue.

Interesting, no care at all for the 195,000 drunk driving deaths since 1999. Or the 21,500 child deaths (age 0-14) related to drink drivers since 1999.

Or the 1.7 Million deaths related to alcohol since 1999.

Perhaps she needs a state background check before performing her mixology? I think she needs a 10 day waiting period before buying that next bottle of vodka. How about a breathalyzer installed in her car? She uses alcohol so she is at a risk of suddenly drunk driving.

hypocritical trash

Tim Eyman is our professional anti-tax crusader simply because of how blatantly and repeatedly Olympia whizzed all over our series of "$30 tabs - no, we said $30 tabs - DAMMIT WE SAID $30 TABS AND WE MEANT IT, A**SHOLES!" initiatives. He's gone Permanent Offense to try to limit their ability to do further damage...

I thought the petitions had to be very focused, and only dealing with one issue as well.

As with everything "law", what the law says means nothing. It all comes down to what some black robe tells you it means. The "only one thing" is used every time we roll back our car tabs. This one almost no judge will have any problem with. So if it passes it will be up to gun owners to pay to keep taking it further up the line till they find a black robe to say it's not ok.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top