JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
My name is Myles and I started Functional Firearms. We offer a mobile gun cleaning service to Sherwood and the surrounding communities.
I'm looking to gather feedback on the website so that we can better serve our customers.
I completely understand that NWFA is predominantly gun enthusiasts who either enjoy cleaning their own guns, or at least tolerate it.
A cleaning service may not be necessary for you, but maybe you'll be short on time before a range trip is coming up, or you're storing the gun for a long time and want a deep clean...
I'm really just looking for feedback on the website and business idea in general. Let me know what you think and I'll offer some big savings if you want to try us out!
Please don't rip me to shreds because I'm in gunsmithing school, I'm passionate, and I'm just trying to start something new and fresh to support our local gun community.
Thank you for your time.
Myles
Functional Firearms
Functionalfirearms.com

Interesting idea.

Some questions.

Would you come to the persons home? Would the cleaning be done in a van or?
Is the vehicle discreet?
What products would be used?
Are there standards for cleaning firearms?
How much time would a cleaning take?
Is it one charge for all guns or per type, in other words would it cost the same to clean a Glock 19 as it would a Barrett M107?
Are you willing to deny cleaning if you do not know the gun well enough? I've seen Cerakote and other smiths take in work they should not have and ruin the gun...

That's all I got.

Best of luck!

Interesting idea.

Some questions.

Is the vehicle discreet?
Is it one charge for all guns or per type, in other words would it cost the same to clean a Glock 19 as it would a Barrett M107?
Are you willing to deny cleaning if you do not know the gun well enough? I've seen Cerakote and other smiths take in work they should not have and ruin the gun...

That's all I got.

Best of luck!

Some info from his website

Interesting idea.

Some questions.

Is the vehicle discreet?

That's all I got.

Best of luck!
WOAH was there any recourse for the bad Cerakote!!!

1.5h $60hr = $40 hr
15m job.

Your time. I'm not doing the math right. 2 jobs a day maybe. I hate driving in the city.

--------------------------------------------------
The scheduling app is solid tho.

As long as we are allowed to joke around on this forum, Let's wager $60 who can field strip a 1911 faster for $60.

Disassemble, clean, lube and reassemble? Then white glove judge it for cleanliness? I think I might know a 7 year old boy that could triple your wager and send you home with your wallet a little lighter.

spider My deal is always clean

1911.jpg

I think this is a great idea, business model. I might utilize such a service though think it would be a little out of my reach with the prices as they currently stand. I think that you might be able to drop your prices if you would like come into Portland Metro on certain days to pickup, bring them to a shop, clean them, then return on certain days. Once you become familiar with all the popular models, you could reduce prices further and decrease turnaround times to make it up in volume. I think the times as well to field strip a handgun, shotgun, or MSR are a little on the long side as well, but if you did all the MSRs on one day etc., you could Henry Ford it somewhat. I would be also concerned about turning over my firearms to another individual in that I'm very type A, and a half mm nick sends me up the wall, but fortunately most other gun owners are a bit more realistic than myself. Good luck! I think there is a market for this ;).

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads