JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
alright guys, I'm thinking about building a 7.5 ar15 pistol with a sig brace just for some fun and can throw in the car easy and fast, probably gonna use the seekins billit receiver set and gonna put some money into it, Also I can run the 10.5 on my sbr on it, but then I started thinking about getting a tavor, any feedback on them would be appreciated, what would you rather have

I'm of the opinion that for 223/556, anything shorter than 10" is a bad thing. Too short for good powder burn, obnoxiously loud, abusive to cans should you decide to suppress it.
If you really want something that short, build it as a 300Blk. That round works very well in a short barrel.

I'm of the opinion that for 223/556, anything shorter than 10" is a bad thing. Too short for good powder burn, obnoxiously loud, abusive to cans should you decide to suppress it.
If you really want something that short, build it as a 300Blk. That round works very well in a short barrel.
Yea, I get the whole 10" and under thing, it is just gonna be for fun, plus I've got 10" uppers that will also go on it, plus I can change it out to 300 blackout anytime also, that's the nice thing about ar15's, easy to change, just want to see if a tavor is worth the money over another ar15(even thought I already have several ar's)

I have a both a 7.5" and a 11.5" AR pistol. If I had it to do over I would stick with the 11.5". It has a carbine length gas system, shoots 2-3 hundred yards really well and is rock solid. I run the KAK +3 buffer tube with the Sig brace which makes it totally shoulder-able

The 7.5" is finicky with ammo and not near as much fun to shoot..

The extra couple of inches really makes no difference in handling or storage but all the difference in the world to shoot.

Personally I think the Tavor's are fuggly. (I am sure they are a fine weapon, but they dont turn my crank)

Yea, I hear what you guys are saying, just was thinking about it right now, guess I am just bored and have the itch to build another one

Last Edited:
alright guys, I'm thinking about building a 7.5 ar15 pistol with a sig brace just for some fun and can throw in the car easy and fast, probably gonna use the seekins billit receiver set and gonna put some money into it, Also I can run the 10.5 on my sbr on it, but then I started thinking about getting a tavor, any feedback on them would be appreciated, what would you rather have

If you were to change every single word in the above post to "blah", it would make just as much sense to me.

Try the Tavor first. If you don't like it, I'll trade you an AR pistol with wrist brace for it. I'll even include an extra mag. ;)

Seriously, you're already familiar with SBR ARs, so it'll be like that only lighter, better handling and the recoil will feel about the same - almost none. The Tavor is really comfortable to shoot and very ergo. The trigger feel is good for any stock rifle, let alone a bullpup. If I had to choose between a Tavor and an AR pistol in 300 BLK I'd need a while to think about it. They'd be happy thoughts, though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top