JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I finally broke down and bought a real "gun belt". The Tejas marketed by Magpul.

I got it today, wore it around... And damn if the thing does not about saw you in half. I know the idea is for a gun belt to have more structure and be rigid, but this thing is like wearing a steel band around your middle.

Is there any way to break the thing in short of paying someone to wear it around for you for half a decade?

That's the reason I wear a Wilderness belt. Maybe applying a judicious bit of Neetsfoot Oil might help. I know softeners defeat the purpose, but a man's got to breathe.

I started recently carrying appendix. At first it freaking killed me. Then it got a little better. After two weeks and a few bruises I actually forget that I am carrying. When I was sitting/driving it WAS the worst. Now I barely notice.

Well it looks like a hell of a belt. Good leather and polymer stiffener. Their video seems to make a point of it "not being too stiff," but stiffness is probably in the eye of the beholder. Before you do anything, however, I would give it a few weeks of daily wear to see what it does. If it's still to stiff, I'd call Magpul and ask them if they have any suggestions.

I would contact Magpul on break-in while the belt is still returnable and make sure that this is what you want.

Another one to look at is Diamond D out of Alaska.
Their un-reinforced models are guaranteed not to fold.
Their reinforced models are done with segmented kydex.
I use double layer web, but the Diamond D product gets excellent field reports and I like that they're a small outfit putting out great product.
"Alaska Tough" Leather Belts

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top