JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
kf9Oztsl.jpg
nSqQi3yl.jpg

Just got some new Ahrend grips and wanted to share.

they fit way better than the boot grips that it came with.

I forget what type of wood it was as I bought it off Ebay.

They are nice to shoot with. Even without any checkering, they are grippy enough for me.

...they fit way better than the boot grips that it came with.
That's not surprising. Since Smith and Wesson closed their own woodshop in '85 they have been hard pressed to find a good Supplier. Of course, with the Penny-pinchers at the helm it isn't surprising, unfortunately. Nice looking piece!!!

That's not surprising. Since Smith and Wesson closed their own woodshop in '85 they have been hard pressed to find a good Supplier. Of course, with the Penny-pinchers at the helm it isn't surprising, unfortunately. Nice looking piece!!!

Which is a shame because the boot grips are actually pretty nice. Just the fit and finish to the revolver itself it pretty bad.

Nice looking grips! Maybe are they desert ironwood or cocobolo?

I found the receipt for it. The wood is called Cordia. Never heard of this type before.

Nice pistola. I'm thinking Goncalo Alves maybe?
Just for reference, that's sort of a generic term for hardwood coming from Brail. There are several trees that produce acceptable samples and the Smith and Wesson folks used it for many years. In general it is a darker color than these Stocks. Ahrens and other producers have used this Wood for years Simply because it works so well.:):):)

Nice! I love Ahrends grips. I use others, but Ahrends are my go to grips.

Here're a few examples:

625-2 Moradillo Combats
625-6 Cordia Combats (RB conversion)
627 UDR with Cocobolo bananas

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2547.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class