JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How the bubblegum did I miss this thread? Oh, yeah, I was dealing with a honey bee swarm removal all weekend. That was fun. And highly instructional... Ouch!
Bee suits are nice, and smoke works well, but you need to cuff the ankles and sleeves securely. My dad was wearing a bee suit but still had one crawl all the way up his ankle to his high thigh and sting him. He was just thankful it stopped there!

Bee suits are nice, and smoke works well, but you need to cuff the ankles and sleeves securely. My dad was wearing a bee suit but still had one crawl all the way up his ankle to his high thigh and sting him. He was just thankful it stopped there!
I had a guy come out from the local honey bee preservation association. He volunteered to take care of it and move the hive to a new location and did it all in a half a day on Saturday, then came back on Sunday to put the house back together. I reciprocated with a healthy donation to the local chapter for honey bee preservation. :)

As far as bee gear, all he wore was the helmet and face net. He only got stung once, when a bee crawled under his arm and he put his arm down against her. She didn't like that, and stung him. NBD... Those creatures are amazing and I learned so much about them from this guy. I'm duly impressed by those busy little bees...

I should put a thread in the wildlife pics for that operation, instead of crapping on the Knobber's thread. This is highly entertaining...
Hat tip to @Flopsweat for alerting me to this very important thread!

I had a guy come out from the local honey bee preservation association. He volunteered to take care of it and move the hive to a new location and did it all in a half a day on Saturday, then came back on Sunday to put the house back together. I reciprocated with a healthy donation to the local chapter for honey bee preservation. :)

As far as bee gear, all he wore was the helmet and face net. He only got stung once, when a bee crawled under his arm and he put his arm down against her. She didn't like that, and stung him. NBD... Those creatures are amazing and I learned so much about them from this guy. I'm duly impressed by those busy little bees...

I should put a thread in the wildlife pics for that operation, instead of crapping on the Knobber's thread. This is highly entertaining...
Hat tip to @Flopsweat for alerting me to this very important thread!

Happy to help. I didn't know you were dealing with bees. Somebody told me you were out all day voting. Or something.

e0b864c42299619deff0dc356b11fa82_width-600.jpg

Was listening to armed forces medley yesterday, noting how service songs have changed since I was an air force brat kid. And that reminded me of Scotland the Brave, which reminded me of a satirical version I heard, my favorite part of which is:

Land o' the kilt and sporran
Underneath there's nothin' worn.
How I wish the winds were warm.
Scotland the brave.

I must admit it's mighty gruesome
Walking' about with a frozen twosome.
They're all we've got. We mustn't lose 'em.
Scotland the brave.

Last Edited:
Once upon a time I was on a highway during rush hour in heavy traffic when a car dodged around me and pulled in front cutting me off so I had to slam on the brakes to keep from plowing into it. I vented my rage on the spot, by making up these lyrics to go with the tune I had been whistling:

The A$$hole Song

You weave through heavy traffic. You always drive real fast.
When someone's in your way, with your horn you give a blast.
It would badly hurt your ego to let yourself be passed.
And you think its quite amusing to drive when you are gassed.

Chorus:
A$$hole go away, man. A$$hole go away.
Why the Lord made A$$holes I could never say.
I don't want some a$$hole cr@pping' up my day.
A$$hole go away. A$$hole go away.

You love to hear your brakes squeal. You think it's mighty cute.
Well listen to me buddy boy. That's something I dispute.
I would dearly love to give your rump a boot.
When your parents had you, I think they blew it.

Chorus

You drive a slinky sports car. You think you're mighty slick.
You hump and pump the pedal like you thought it was your wick.
Someone oughta tell ya that a car is not a d!ck.
And stupid a$$hole driving will not enlarge your pr!ck.

Chorus

Last Edited:
Well. I'm trying. I figured something about the number of sexes should get us locked down in no time. But here's what I ended up with.

How many sexes are there? No need to wonder.
I can tell you. More than two hundred.
All can unite with nearly all.
So easy to find a mate.
No need for marriage
or even a date.
Don't you wish you could be
a mycelium of the fungus
Schizophyllum commune?

Last Edited:
What is a woman?
Just as I suspected. Lots of the NWFA members actually don't know. Well, I am a biologist so I can help. If your pants have nice deep pockets you are a man. If your pants have useless shallow pockets, are made more cheaply out of cheaper material, and cost twice as much, you are a woman.

If you forgot to wear pants today you can go by your shirt. If your shirt has two nice deep useful pockets you are a man. If your shirt has just one small shallow useless pocket on the left that you wouldn't want to put anything in anyway even if it didn't fall out because it would chafe your left t!tty you are a woman.

Also, if while you are running around with no pants in front of God and everyone a person wearing pants with deep pockets says: "Nice out buddy?" And you say "Yeah." And he says "Ya gonna leave it out a while?" ...it means you are both men. Him possibly somewhat more than you.

Last Edited:
When "females" make intro threads they get about 10x the welcome posts. So predictable.
You're just jealous.
That thread looked looking a phishing attempt or trying to get people for their "fans" website.
Why else would someone admit to being a stripper?
...who also wrote their intro like a man writes.
Yeah the first few times were okay but, then it just got too weird - not so much because of me - hence my current avatar.
I thought your avatar was ASL for "no knob gobbler".

I'm doing my part!

Just as I suspected. Lots of the NWFA members actually don't know. Well, I am a biologist so I can help. If your pants have nice deep pockets you are a man. If your pants have useless shallow pockets, are made more cheaply out of cheaper material, and cost twice as much, you are a woman.

If you forgot to wear pants today you can go by your shirt. If your shirt has two nice deep useful pockets you are a man. If your shirt has just one small shallow useless pocket on the left that you wouldn't want to put anything in anyway even if it didn't fall out because it would chafe your left t!tty you are a woman.

Also, if while you are running around with no pants in front of God and everyone a person wearing pants with deep pockets says: "Nice out buddy?" And you say "Yeah." And he says "Ya gonna leave it out a while?" ...it means you are both men. Him possibly somewhat more than you.
That woman question is a toughie, even without all the daily changing political complexity we get these days.

Everything I think I have something figured out I find shortly that I am wrong, I've been at this over sixty years and that's the only thing that sticks.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top