JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First time Glock owner, or soon to be. I'm set on the G34 or 17L.

Wondering...if I were to buy a spare parts set for the future, where and what exactly would you experienced Glock owners suggest I buy?

My understanding is that these guns just go and go and go. So I realize that with any luck it will be a long time until new parts are needed. But just the same, what should I expect to buy?

I've found some suggestions online, but can't seem to find the threads again. I'll attempt to locate them and get back to you. I think someone should market a specific "parts kit" so you could just buy it all at once. I think they'd sell like hotcakes if they were reasonably priced.

Skud Dusty, thanks for looking for that man. Good find. I agree, overpriced. They should throw a barrel in there add 25 bucks and that'd be a deal eh?

We train with approx 1600 + guns a year at the Academy and conservatively 50% of the handguns are GLOCKS. This is no endorsement only stating a general fact of what shows up.

Rarely do GLOCKS break but when they do we keep a large inventory of parts and everyone on staff is a certifed Armorer. I'm the "keeper of the parts" and must reorder when parts get low. wichaka's advice is absolulely right on - I'd keep a couple of each pins and springs on hand at a minimum. Here are the parts that break the most at OFA and/or need re-ordered the most in no particular order:

• Trigger Spring (Most common/often)
  • Recoil Spring (need periodic replacement)
  • Extractor
  • Slide Stop Lever (it has a spring built into it that can get ruined from improper reassembly)
  • Slide Lock Spring (next most common/often breakage)
  • Slide Lock (falls out if the spring breaks - seen it a very few times)
  • All three pins
  • Springs Cups - these little bugg'ers rarely break but get lost when people want to disassemble - you must have matched set.

I bought a few spare parts when I bought my first Glock in 1994 and haven’t needed them yet. I put 14,750 rounds in that first model 22.

GlockPartsKit.jpg

The biggest QC change on the 40 caliber is the magazine follower it is on the 8th redesign last time I checked. I never had a FTF, FTE nor had the side not locked back on the last round. IMO I think every time some LEO has one of these problems it’s reported and with a percentage of error they redesign the follower.

When the reps say to replace the pins, springs, and some of the small parts that OFADan mentioned about every other year or so.........that's what we in the LE world call a 'clew'!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top