JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock had/has 36, but I wonder why it was never popular. Single stack 45acp.

Because it fails at being small in the grip. It's also not a true single stack. The G30 is only slightly fatter - and crams in 4 more rounds. If you want a true slim, polymer 6 round gun - the Kahr P45 or CW45 is smaller in every dimension than the G36.

Also, owners of the G30 and 36 have been swapping slides for years. There was a huge thread started years ago on Glock Talk about this. The G30s is simply Glock recognizing that this works, and doing it from the factory now. The big advantage, that folks on GT found, was that this gun will fit most holsters made for a Glock 19. You get a double stack .45 with a slimmer slide than the normal G30 or 30SF offers.

I carry a Glock 36 daily, but couldn't possibly manage a G30.
The G36 is 28 mm thick.
Glock 36 | G36 | .45 Caliber Pistol | GLOCK USA
The G30 is 32.5 mm thick.
Glock 30 | G30 | .45 Caliber Pistol | GLOCK USA
The G21 is also 32.5 mm thick!
Glock 21 | G21 | .45 Caliber Pistol | GLOCK USA

So IMO it's the G30 that's the orphan, not the G36, and it has no real place in my lineup. YMMV.
0957cc.jpg

0957cc.jpg

Eeeeh - it's a Glock 30 frame with a Glock 36 slide. I wouldn't call it "slimline". You can't call Glock's double stack 45/10mm frame "slim" unless you think Rosie O'Donnell is "slim" too. The Glocks are still way more attractive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top