JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, as an owner of a Glock 19 with its standard barrel lockup and a Beretta PX4 9mm with a rotating barrel system, I find this very interesting. Glock now has the Glock 46, a rotating barrel pistol that appears like a retooled Glock 19. So far it's not being sold in the States and is designated as not being for civilian use, but I'd say if it's a hit it might be here sometime. I'd buy it in a minute if they get it right. The Beretta PX4 rotating barrel sucks up recoil so that shooting 9mm is like shooting something far less potent. Not a lot, but Recoil magazine has a nice writeup, pictures of the pistol disassembled, and nice line drawings that look like what you see with patent applications. Brand New & Shiny: Glock 46 | RECOIL

Well, as an owner of a Glock 19 with its standard barrel lockup and a Beretta PX4 9mm with a rotating barrel system, I find this very interesting. Glock now has the Glock 46, a rotating barrel pistol that appears like a retooled Glock 19. So far it's not being sold in the States and is designated as not being for civilian use, but I'd say if it's a hit it might be here sometime. I'd buy it in a minute if they get it right. The Beretta PX4 rotating barrel sucks up recoil so that shooting 9mm is like shooting something far less potent. Not a lot, but Recoil magazine has a nice writeup, pictures of the pistol disassembled, and nice line drawings that look like what you see with patent applications. Brand New & Shiny: Glock 46 | RECOIL

Could be interesting!

Interesting.... Glock moving in a different direction? Hope they stick to a non-finger grove drama...

Shot the G19 today for the first time in more than 2 years... Suddenly I remember why it was once my favored edc...

Even got the wife to finally shoot something other than .22 and .38 Special... She likes the 19, a bunch... Only missed one out of 15 on steel with it...

If this comes to the States, might just have to have me one...

Interesting.... Glock moving in a different direction? Hope they stick to a non-finger grove drama...

Shot the G19 today for the first time in more than 2 years... Suddenly I remember why it was once my favored edc...

Even got the wife to finally shoot something other than .22 and .38 Special... She likes the 19, a bunch... Only missed one out of 15 on steel with it...

If this comes to the States, might just have to have me one...

If this comes to the states, I'd buy one on GP alone! :p

I've had several Glocks (21, 26) but they just never felt right for me until I bought a Gen 4 Glock 19 a few months ago.. I had spinal surgery in June and couldn't even shoot it until a couple of weeks back, but it was great. Felt just right in my hand, plenty accurate with it given the fact I haven't even shot in almost four months. Since then I put the new Apex enhancement kit in it with their flat faced trigger and other upgrades and can't wait to take it out again. It knocks about a pound off the pull weight, makes it much more crisp, and has a much better reset than before. Very easy to install. I got the kit from Brownells so it's got their proprietary purple trigger, but it actually looks a lot more interesting now. Still, given my experience with the PX4, I'd have to say I'm excited about the 46 and hoping it makes it to the States for public sale.

Here is the link. From the firearm blog and guns America has an article as well.

New GLOCK 46 With Rotating Barrel Lockup for German Police Trials - The Firearm Blog

C1779FC5-00A3-4D59-91C7-12E849D8A0D3.jpeg

I'm a sucker for Glocks, I'd love to get a hold of one of these.

BTW, I EDC a Shield. So NOT a Glock fanboy per-se.

I'm not against glocks but holding them at the store they just don't feel good with my hand size. I do think they better start doing something different if they want to stay in the game. Other companies are offering more for less and although they may be around for a bit longer most the fans I see of them are guy who have owned them for years. The newer generation of gun owners I think are more into better ergos, better triggers, and companies who put out new products and ideas where glock just changes 1 little thing and it's the new gen. One day the die hards will be gone and I think glock goes with them unless they change something.

I'm not against glocks but holding them at the store they just don't feel good with my hand size. I do think they better start doing something different if they want to stay in the game. Other companies are offering more for less and although they may be around for a bit longer most the fans I see of them are guy who have owned them for years. The newer generation of gun owners I think are more into better ergos, better triggers, and companies who put out new products and ideas where glock just changes 1 little thing and it's the new gen. One day the die hards will be gone and I think glock goes with them unless they change something.

Disagree 100%. With as many law enforcement agencies and even some of the military carrying them, I don't see Glock going away anytime soon. What I do see is more potential gun owners realizing that as long as a gun does what it's supposed to do pretty much 100% of the time, looks and feelings don't matter.

I bought my first Glock about 5 years ago, after hating them for 3 times that amount. The grip is chunky, I agree. But all of mine fire ALWAYS when prompted to.

Perhaps not, and I don't hope so. The more companies putting out guns the better. They push eachother to put out better products which I'm all for. One thing I do hate though which may not be your case is the glocks "just shoot 100% of the time" thing. Maybe yours has but they aren't without fault. Many many fail, just search glock fails. same as any other companies firearms. They all can have an issue if you get a bad one, same as AK's. They have a reputation for just running 100% of the time no matter what but that simply isn't true...not all the time. Every company has a few bad examples slip through the cracks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top