JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am happy to have found a local forum.

I used to do a lot of shooting and hunting when I was younger, but haven't done much for the past 20 years. I'm 40 now and have an 11 year old son, so I am looking to get back out there, and educate my son.

I currently own a Winchester Model 100 .308, and a Savage Model 24 22/410 over/under. My grandfather used to use the Winchester, while I used a Remington 30-06 pump for hunting. I used the Savage when I was a boy to learn/plink with.

I will be looking to add a 22LR handgun soon. Cheap for practice and teaching my son, plus it will share with my Savage. I will also be adding other firearms to my collection after I do a little more current research.

Anyway, that's about it for my first post. If anybody has any tips that will make looking through this site easier, please share your knowledge. :s0155:

Welcome. The search might be good depending on what you're looking for. Besides that use the categories. There's a variety of posts in the rifle discussion area on .22LR rifles. There's also a recent thread on teaching a 12 year old shooting. I believe its in the general discussion section.

Good luck.

Thanks! I found that thread while I was snooping around. After spending a little time flipping through things, I found it very easy to navigate. Lots of great information!

Found a strong box from a great member here on my first day! :s0155: Now I just need to find the right thing to put in it. I've missed a couple gun shows over the past couple weeks since I've started my research, which is a bummer because it would be nice to get a few models in my hands for the feel. If anybody can give me some tips on any ranges near Corvallis that rent for practice, that would probably be the best shopping experience I could think of.

Since I have been away from this world for so many years, are there any brands that have poor performance and quality issues that I should watch out for? I think I've decided on a Ruger MK for my .22, just because I used one when I was shooting, and liked the feel/weight etc, but I'm still shopping for a higher caliber personal defense model.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top