Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New from Portland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kevbot, Feb 6, 2012.

1. kevbot

kevbot Portland New Member

Hey everyone -

Just getting back into the world of firearms. I grew up doing some small game hunting with my dad in Michigan when I was in my teens but didn't really shoot much after that. I've been in Portland for around 12 years now and I'm starting to get the itch to do some target shooting, especially now that my dad has moved here for retirement. For some reason I am really drawn to revolvers, I think mainly for aesthetics if nothing else. I'm looking to make my first purchase in the next month or so, probably a 22 as I like to start small.

This site looks great and I look forward to learning from you all.

2. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

Welcome to NWF!

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. 22 revolvers are great for inexpensive plinking.

4. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

You might also consider a 22 auto too! I have 2 Ruger Mark II's that I love to shoot. Usually the autos are a little more affordable than a decent to good revolver also. You can spend the money you saved on the gun on ammo and fuel to get to your shooting spot!

5. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

Welcome!

6. kevbot

kevbot Portland New Member

Damn, that is a great idea actually. I am interested in a bigger caliber revolver anyway.

Any suggestions for a super reliable American 22 semi? Maybe a Ruger MKII or something?

7. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWF ! there are a great number of semi-autos to look at ... almost every comp. now produces one, as ammo has grown in price ! just go to some of the dealers, and find something with good "fit & feel".... then come back to your "pc" and check out the "reviews", or go to our "handgun discussion" thread, and check em out ! plenty of good quality info here ! just ask !!

steven

8. CZ Fan

CZ Fan Oregon Member

:wave: