Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

New from Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wingspar, Jun 20, 2010.

1. wingspar

wingspar Oregon Member

I need to belong to another gun forum like I need a hole in the head, but I stumbled onto this forum accidentally, and it seems to be geographically oriented to my stomping grounds. I was in Keiths Sporting Goods in Portland last summer, and I found this forum thru a Google search on Keiths. Wishing they had a web site, but guess not.

I also wonder if there is a range in Portland, or in the Willamette Valley where one can rent and shoot without becoming a member. I’d just like to try some guns.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome.

I've used the Clackamas Public Safety Training Center http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73 for that exact purpose. They have cheap non member fees if you bring in a box of cereal on Thursdays. I believe there's another range or 2 that does it. Read the reviews for the ranges on the site.

Drew

3. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Wingspar.

Will

4. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Welcome to NWFA!

5. wingspar

wingspar Oregon Member

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I looked at their web page. Nice facility. I read in that thread that they rent guns, but there was no mention of that on their web page. I wonder what kind of selection they have? I’d be interested in trying a Sig P226 in .40, as I’d love to have one, but it’s way out of my price range.

6. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWFA forum !
    steven

7. wingspar

wingspar Oregon Member

Thanks. Not much time to participate right now, but I plan on it.