JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just signed up on this forum. My brother told me about it. I've been shooting for over fifty years. I take my seven year old grandson out every weekend from now until we can't get back in the Cascades where we shoot. Most of the places we shoot at are four to six miles back in the woods from the main road.
I started reloading again after a thirty year gap. I load 38spl, 357mag and 44spl light for my grsndson to shoot. Man can he burn up the ammo in a afternoon. But he aims and hit his targets.
Looks like this is a fine gun forum from what I looked at so far. Mason Shooting getting ready to go.JPG

I just signed up on this forum. My brother told me about it. I've been shooting for over fifty years. I take my seven year old grandson out every weekend from now until we can't get back in the Cascades where we shoot. Most of the places we shoot at are four to six miles back in the woods from the main road.
I started reloading again after a thirty year gap. I load 38spl, 357mag and 44spl light for my grsndson to shoot. Man can he burn up the ammo in a afternoon. But he aims and hit his targets.
Looks like this is a fine gun forum from what I looked at so far. View attachment 562485
Welcome and GREAT on you for teaching another youngster to like shooting!! We need all the young people we can get to learn to like this sport and support it.

I started my kids out shooting as soon as they were responsible enough to handle a firearm. I started my grandson out on a Red Rider when he was four, I use to have to cock it for him. Once he got comfortable shooting it I explained to him how to aim it and he took right off. Then on to a Gamo pellet rifle with a scope. I started him on my 10 inch Ruger mark 11 pistol.and a old single shot rifle when he turned five.
Now he is seven he is into shooting my revolvers which I have abunch of. I load down 38spl, 357mag, 32H&R mag and 44spl for him.
I buy cheap golf balls at a pawn shop for him to shoot at about 15 yards with the handguns. When he hits them they go flying.
He is shooting my 223 Remington 700, 222 Remington 700, 22 Hornet Ruger 77, 7.62x39 SKS, 410 shotguns and my friends 223 AR15.
And he is hitting the targets. I let him shoot my 30/06 M1 Garand, i think it intiminated him because the size of the bullet. So we will hold off on him shooting it for a little while.
I bought a 22-250 Winchester 70 with a bull barrel for him to shoot. I just picked up a leupold 3x9 scope for it. I'll load up some ammo fornit ans see what it likes snd he will.be shooting this one with in a couple of week, every weekend is fun with him up in the cascade mountains.
20180616_112253.jpg

Welcome, my Dad reloads quite a lot due to how much he shoots (he helps run the Nevada County Cowboy shoot events (SASS)) down in Northern California. At some point I may try to do some reloading to save some costs on 9mm, 5.56mm, and 6.5 PRC but we'll see... so many things to do. Although, with the investment into the dies, etc. I'm not sure where the break even point would be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top