JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello from northern Idaho! I used to live in the Portland area (Aloha, Cedar Mill) back in the 80's, but bailed out and moved here. I've known about this site for a while, but didn't join before because I'm so far from the "hub" but a Marine buddy of mine recently passed and I'm assisting his family with getting rid of some of his gun stuff, so thought this would be a good resource.

Hello from northern Idaho! I used to live in the Portland area (Aloha, Cedar Mill) back in the 80's, but bailed out and moved here. I've known about this site for a while, but didn't join before because I'm so far from the "hub" but a Marine buddy of mine recently passed and I'm assisting his family with getting rid of some of his gun stuff, so thought this would be a good resource.
Welcome from Spokane, try Spokane gun trader too if you haven't already.

Hello back, North ID. Sorry to hear about your buddy, and darn good on ya for helping out the family. And hey, I don't think anybody here will give you a hard time for joining up late- we all should be leery of setting up comms with those behind enemy lines! And uh, I think you missed the fine print, and being from where you are, you need to be passing along insider info on the good plots of land for sale.

Welcome to The Board, the bestest li'l gun board there is!

Sorry about your buddy. After ya help sell off his stuff, stick around and join us around the campfire and sit a spell.

And don't worry about not being near "the hub"... we got folks from the East Coast, the Left Coast, from Canada, even a dude from East Anglia in the UK!

Hello back, North ID. Sorry to hear about your buddy, and darn good on ya for helping out the family. And hey, I don't think anybody here will give you a hard time for joining up late- we all should be leery of setting up comms with those behind enemy lines! And uh, I think you missed the fine print, and being from where you are, you need to be passing along insider info on the good plots of land for sale.
We're being invaded from everywhere! There's no good (cheap) land left. I've a buddy that's a realtor and he said people fly over land in a helicopter and buy without even setting foot on it, or buy sight unseen from the internet listing. It's crazy.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Welcome, sorry to hear about your buddy.
spirit lake is gorgeous! Id love to visit there, I'm jealous. Hopefully some of him gets to rest there near ya. I too am interested in bailing in the left coast and interested in Idaho, if you can't tell spirit lake is one of them (home of lone wolf IIRC) there's several other folks around here from Idaho as well.

Welcome, sorry to hear about your buddy.
spirit lake is gorgeous! Id love to visit there, I'm jealous. Hopefully some of him gets to rest there near ya. I too am interested in bailing in the left coast and interested in Idaho, if you can't tell spirit lake is one of them (home of lone wolf IIRC) there's several other folks around here from Idaho as well.
Lone Wolf is actually in Priest River, about 20 miles north of here. Another popular destination, but more off the "beaten path".

1660931073001.png

Aloha, Mark

We're being invaded from everywhere! There's no good (cheap) land left. I've a buddy that's a realtor and he said people fly over land in a helicopter and buy without even setting foot on it, or buy sight unseen from the internet listing. It's crazy.
Property values here have become silly.

A couple of years ago we sold our house and land south of Post Falls. Realtor we had purchased thru years before wouldn't list it for what I wanted "nobody around here will pay that much", me "somebody from California will". Same with the next realtor however she was willing to list it as long as I understood I'd end up having to lower my price, sold for my asking to a couple from San Diego.

I actually enjoyed the winter up on the hill, wonder if they do. :s0112:

Semper Fi

view.JPG snow.JPG

Property values here have become silly.

A couple of years ago we sold our house and land south of Post Falls. Realtor we had purchased thru years before wouldn't list it for what I wanted "nobody around here will pay that much", me "somebody from California will". Same with the next realtor however she was willing to list it as long as I understood I'd end up having to lower my price, sold for my asking to a couple from San Diego.

I actually enjoyed the winter up on the hill, wonder if they do. :s0112:

Semper Fi

View attachment 1261598 View attachment 1261599
Nice. My SO has ties in that Post Falls area. We looked at properties there and to the North and East, but were are a few years out from making the move. Keeping an eye on the realty prices, and politics. Oregon is being destroyed by a tiny but overpopulated sliver in the valley, I would hate to see Idaho go the same way.

a couple from San Diego.
Glad you took advantage of them. Gotta take em to task and pay through the nose if they want to live there. I'm not really up on my real estate laws etc. But I'd be 1000% more inclined to go a little more lenient on someone if I knew they weren't from a liberal hot zone. Or semi similar points of view. They want to call us brown shirts, You get brown shirts, careful what you wish for.. :mad:

Nice view though. For now I like the cold and snow. I also like full lakes and rivers and healthy Eco system, not a fan of brown, dust and heat. I'm sure it gets old but you can throw on a jacket, heat is offensive.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top