JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome! We're considering Billings as a place to relocate to. What are your thoughts?

This is a decent place to live. The schools are average toslightly above average, if you have kids. The job outlook is good. However, it has big City crime in a small town feel. Housing to me is expensive for what it is, but better than other areas. It's the place that my family and I have decided to retire from the active duty Army, and complete raising our family. However, when the boys are done with school, it's time to head to Texas. The hunting and fishing here is incredible, with more public land than you can fathom. I'd recommend it, however, use due diligence.

This is a decent place to live. The schools are average toslightly above average, if you have kids. The job outlook is good. However, it has big City crime in a small town feel. Housing to me is expensive for what it is, but better than other areas. It's the place that my family and I have decided to retire from the active duty Army, and complete raising our family. However, when the boys are done with school, it's time to head to Texas. The hunting and fishing here is incredible, with more public land than you can fathom. I'd recommend it, however, use due diligence.
Thanks for the first hand information! I'm a native Oregonian, and spent 13 years in Portland, which is way too long. We're almost done with our stint in Hawaii, and have been considering Idaho and Montana for a redneck conservative.

We have two kids, 3 and 6, but we're an outdoor family. How bad is the crime, is it mostly petty crime?

Thanks for the first hand information! I'm a native Oregonian, and spent 13 years in Portland, which is way too long. We're almost done with our stint in Hawaii, and have been considering Idaho and Montana for a redneck conservative.

We have two kids, 3 and 6, but we're an outdoor family. How bad is the crime, is it mostly petty crime?

It is mostly property crimes due to drugs. There is also a large transient population that mostly are downtown. It is nothing I'd consider particularly worrisome, however, I don't go down there late at night. My wife does work down there, so I make sure she is careful early in the morning. If you're an outdoor family, then this place will make your head spin. Lots of hiking and other stuff to do. This side of the state is prairies, but the mountains are close. We've explored a lot of MT and WY the past two years, and we will add the Dakota's and even more of MTover the next decade.

Welcome..! This is the place... Billings, home to the very first KOA campground. I always stop at the Big Horn Battlefield memorial before getting on 212 to Sturgis. Gotta love Montana!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top