Buster Beaver Cerakote
Gun Deals
Landhawk Arms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition

New from Billings

OP
bluelund79
Reactions
Welcome! We're considering Billings as a place to relocate to. What are your thoughts?
This is a decent place to live. The schools are average toslightly above average, if you have kids. The job outlook is good. However, it has big City crime in a small town feel. Housing to me is expensive for what it is, but better than other areas. It’s the place that my family and I have decided to retire from the active duty Army, and complete raising our family. However, when the boys are done with school, it’s time to head to Texas. The hunting and fishing here is incredible, with more public land than you can fathom. I’d recommend it, however, use due diligence.

solv3nt

Reactions
This is a decent place to live. The schools are average toslightly above average, if you have kids. The job outlook is good. However, it has big City crime in a small town feel. Housing to me is expensive for what it is, but better than other areas. It’s the place that my family and I have decided to retire from the active duty Army, and complete raising our family. However, when the boys are done with school, it’s time to head to Texas. The hunting and fishing here is incredible, with more public land than you can fathom. I’d recommend it, however, use due diligence.
Thanks for the first hand information! I'm a native Oregonian, and spent 13 years in Portland, which is way too long. We're almost done with our stint in Hawaii, and have been considering Idaho and Montana for a redneck conservative.

We have two kids, 3 and 6, but we're an outdoor family. How bad is the crime, is it mostly petty crime?

OP
bluelund79
Reactions
Thanks for the first hand information! I'm a native Oregonian, and spent 13 years in Portland, which is way too long. We're almost done with our stint in Hawaii, and have been considering Idaho and Montana for a redneck conservative.

We have two kids, 3 and 6, but we're an outdoor family. How bad is the crime, is it mostly petty crime?
It is mostly property crimes due to drugs. There is also a large transient population that mostly are downtown. It is nothing I’d consider particularly worrisome, however, I don’t go down there late at night. My wife does work down there, so I make sure she is careful early in the morning. If you’re an outdoor family, then this place will make your head spin. Lots of hiking and other stuff to do. This side of the state is prairies, but the mountains are close. We’ve explored a lot of MT and WY the past two years, and we will add the Dakota’s and even more of MTover the next decade.

Legs

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2018
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2020
Welcome..! This is the place... Billings, home to the very first KOA campground. I always stop at the Big Horn Battlefield memorial before getting on 212 to Sturgis. Gotta love Montana!

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to pick up some parts for an AR style 10/22 and to start my journey into building an AR by picking up a lower. Staff was super helpful and...
    • Hueco
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been a member for 6 years, been shooting there (as a guest) for three years before that. I found the Ladies League and was hooked. It's the...
    • PacwestDefense

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS