Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New from Arizona/ Southern Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Slips73, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Slips73

Slips73 Powers, OR/ Flagstaff, AZ New Member

Hey everyone new here, joined mainly after i saw the sb 941 bill, I am originally from the central coast of California, moved out to Northern Arizona last summer for college and forestry and will be working in Powers Oregon this summer for timber work, and hope to continue working in Oregon as I have family in Salem and really love the state.

Does anyone know if an Arizona Resident can purchase long guns from a store in Oregon? I am saving up for a new rifle, looking for an older marlin lever action, and they dont come up much around me

this site seems to think so.

http://nssf.org/factsheets/PDF/ContiguousStateRestrict.pdf?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Welcome to Oregon
    Assuming you are 18 years old or older and a legal resident of Arizona,
    You may legally purchase a firearm in Arizona.
    You may transport your firearm into Oregon.
    Oregon gun law here.
    Arizona is not a Contiguous State to Oregon.
    166.490 Purchase of firearms in certain other states.
    (1) As used in this section, unless the context requires otherwise:
    (a) “Contiguous state” means California, Idaho, Nevada or Washington.
    (b) “Resident” includes an individual or a corporation or other business entity that maintains a place of business in this state.
    (2) A resident of this state may purchase or otherwise obtain a rifle or shotgun in a contiguous state and receive in this state or transport into this state such rifle or shotgun, unless the purchase or transfer violates the law of this state, the state in which the purchase or transfer is made or the United States.

I think you can apply for Oregon residency after being here 6 months.
    With proof of residency, you can buy a gun here.

Slips73 likes this.
  3. Slips73

Slips73 Powers, OR/ Flagstaff, AZ New Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but from my research it seems Oregon residents may only purchase in contiguous states, as the above is referring to an oregon resident purchasing out of state, not a non resident purchasing in oregon

but an Arizona Resident may purchase as a non resident, a firearm from a store? That has always been how it was described to me. And yes I am 18 and have purchased multitudes of firearms, including handguns, these were done private party in the state of arizona though.

Somewhere in my mind im trying to recall a federal law that allows someone to purchase in another state, strictly long arms, i believe it was allowed, because say you are hunting in another state and your gun is damaged, lost or stolen, you could then go buy one in the state you are hunting in? That is the way my FFL here put it to me. Ill have to do some research though, as I will only be working there may-august before i have to go back to Arizona.

4. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I quoted Oregon law which is more strict in Oregon.

Federal law

5. shotsfired

shotsfired Ridgefield Active Member

Welcome Aboard :s0042:

6. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!!!:s0004: