JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hope this is the right place to ask.
I might be selling a Hawken black powder percussion rifle, wondering if they might be exempt from the latest foolishness.....BGC's on all gun xfers ? (almost all I guess )

..I"ll keep researching on my own but I know the good folks here are a great place to start.

thanks .!

Hope this is the right place to ask.
I might be selling a Hawken black powder percussion rifle, wondering if they might be exempt from the latest foolishness.....BGC's on all gun xfers ? (almost all I guess )

..I"ll keep researching on my own but I know the good folks here are a great place to start.

thanks .!

Your question has already been answered, but I'll 2nd it - you can sell a BP gun without an FFL as it doesn't fall under the same restrictions as regular firearms. I've bought and sold BP guns, in state and out of state, no problem.

Just curious, what caliber is your Hawken? I may know someone that might be interested.

From the ORS itself:

"Firearm" has the meaning given that term in ORS 166.210 (Definitions), except that it does not include an antique firearm;

"Antique firearm" has the meaning given that term in 18 U.S.C. 921;

18 USC 921:

(16) The term "antique firearm" means—

(A) any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; or

(B) any replica of any firearmdescribed in subparagraph (A) if such replica—

(i) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or

(ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade; or

(C) any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term "antique firearm" shall not include any weapon which incorporates a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon which can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof.

So, Oregon law requires a BCG with a few exceptions (family members etc). Only on Firearms. A Hawken replica meets the definition under 18 USC as an antique firearm. Thus a BCG is not required.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top