JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Joe. At 73 I'm a bit slow at number things, but after 3 months, the new format has me completely dumbfounded. It seems to me a perfect example of ,"A well organized mass of confusion". Sort of like trying to dance a waltz to rap. I've never been a participant the childish social needs like, "Show me yours and I'll show you mine". Apparently about 60 years ago, I also outgrew the need for, "Mine is bigger than yours" or "My dad can beat up your dad". Accordingly, I've given up chasing my tail and will move on to other, more user friendly sites where I can post an ad, edit it, bump it and close it, without taking a course in logic.
Thanks for trying so hard but it just "Ain't meant for me anymore"
Art

The new software really isn't that much different. I am pretty much available at all times to ask questions. Just click on my name and start a new conversation to ask anything. I will gladly communicate via phone as well if that works better.

The new software really isn't that much different. I am pretty much available at all times to ask questions. Just click on my name and start a new conversation to ask anything. I will gladly communicate via phone as well if that works better.

Same goes for me. If you see my name on the list to the right I'd be happy to help. I'd also be interested in hearing any feedback I could use to make the site more user-friendly.

"Ain't meant for me anymore"
Art
I wouldn't burn any bridges.
The dust won't wash of me any more either, I still have a couple working dial phones in my house so you're preachin to the choir with me, Joe will verify that! I scream and shout and Joe calmly helps me through it. (thanks to his full time commitment) Unless your ready for the box, they say, the struggle will extend your life, plus be assured sooner or later the other "lesser" sites will "upgrade" too (it's in the book!).
If this challenge is not surmountable, just wait until you need a new computer! I'm working with Windows 8 now, so to apply the appropriate weight to that statement; if I was a lesser man, I'd be considering using one of my guns contrary to my Gods law (if you get my drift).
In all fairness, Joe has shown me unnatural patients and been responsive towards assisting, along with others here who have stumbled on to my petty plights. Good luck with similar assistance with lesser sites.
Not all my issues are resolved, some maybe never but I'll find an appropriate crutch to get by.
I'll keep plugging along and pray I become enlightened long before the next "upgrade" when I know it will start all over again.
I'll lay down the first dime and say "you'll be back!"

Change is hard, new things are hard, but the world changes every day. The thing that makes people amazing are our ability to adapt to change, and our ability to help others out.

OP I'm sorry the change is hard for you. I can promise you though there are many here who will gladly try to help you with these changes. I've met Joe in person I can not say the same for those who operate other message boards. Even better I was able to offer Joe advice and suggestions on this board as a designer, how to make things a little cleaner, how to better represent Northwest Firearms as a consistent brand, and how to improve some of his marketing. Joe listened to all of these accepted help I offered and implemented many of them.

My suggestion would be instead of throwing your hands in the air and walking away to give spacific feedback on how you feel the site can be improved and see if it is possible, what can come of your concerns and usability issues, or what info you can gather to help you with the changes.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I try hard to make this site as usable as possible, on the development side as well as the training side. I will continue to keep doing so ;)

I have Windows 7 on my laptop but when I work on my friends, she has Windows 8 and it drives me nuts, with all the jumping around.
Every time I touch a key, it jumps to a screen that I don't want and I can't find my way back. I use a mouse and that helps a little.
I'd have to buy a new computer to work with 8.1 more but I like 7 better, as do many others.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top