JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back I purchased a JM stamped, pre-safety Marlin 1895 on the forum for a decent deal. Functionally it was all good, however, someone tried their hand at engraving on the stock. I wish I had taken more pictures before I started; it looked as though termites had their way. I just can't believe that whoever did this started on one side, and said "yep....that is the look I was going for," and then continued to ruin the rest of the sides.

Here is one of the sides before I started. And compared to the opposite side, where his initials were ground in deep, this one was not not as bad.

'][ATTACH[/ATTACH][/URL]

I have never seen a hand carved finish on a stock before, and I have got to say, I think it turned out pretty good. My thumbs are killing me though.
'][/URL]

And here is it finished. It is hard to get a good picture as it catches the light differently at every angle. The finish is just a quick coat of boiled linseed oil.

'][/URL]

'][/URL] IMG_20161220_093741_zpsqywcwe9e.jpg IMG_20161220_093754_zpsu4ascqlp.jpg IMG_20161220_123749_zpsb57wcsbg.jpg IMG_20161220_123805_zpsqdkxo10n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Innovative choice. I like it considerably more than the termites. I love stocks that have already been messed with. It's like already sporterized milsurps. I can fiddle to my hearts content with no guilt!

It looks a heck of a lot better than it did! I would say that anyone who would molest a nice piece of the old Marlin walnut should be shot...but then my wife colluded with my old squadron to sneak my 1895CB out of the safe and have this done to it when I left command. Guess I am keeping it forever now!

CIMG0409.jpg